PDA

View Full Version : Classic mag with Emag valve question

cgrieves
03-02-2003, 07:10 PM
I'm running a classic p/f automag with an Emag valve, .750 on/off pin and level 10. With the Emag quad Oring on/off top the gun wouldn't fire, so I substituted normal Automag on/off O rings. The gun fires Ok now, but the trigger pull is a little stiff, and there's not much sign of trigger reactiveness even though I tried input presures between 600 and 800 psi. Also with fast firing I get frequent "blooper" shots.... I've fitted a spares kit all round and as far as I can tell the LX bolt has the correct carrier and isn't sticking.

Firstly, I have been recommended an RT on/off assembly as a replacement, but is there any significant difference between my Emag on/off with normal O-rings and an RT item?

Secondly I can only think that the quad o-ring setup doesn't work because the greater "effective" depth of the small o-ring is preventing the on/off pin from exiting to gas up the bolt chamber. Is it worth trying to get the Quad o-ring setup working instead by shortening my on/off pin? Is this likely to lighten the trigger pull?

Any ideas appreciated.

P.S. I also added a small screw protruding a couple of millimetres in the hole in the bottom of the regulator, so the reg body can locate in the groove on the rail (this was missing on my Emag valve). I cut a notch down one side of the screw down just in case this hole is also a vent... does that sound OK?

cgrieves
03-03-2003, 07:33 AM
Nobody any ideas?

jrawlinson_2000
03-04-2003, 09:57 AM
Yes buy an X-Mag Mate! ;)

cgrieves
03-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Stop it! :D

athomas
03-05-2003, 01:18 PM
What kind of trigger frame are you using? A trigger rod that is too long will prevent proper valve charging and result in blooper shots or non shooting.

The emag valve is a standard retro valve with different engraving. The same o-rings and parts work for both.

The screw as an alignment pin should be fine as long as it is in the proper hole. It just helps align the valve when you put it in the body and prevents the valve back from unscrewing while in use. You don't need to provide an air passage.

askman
03-05-2003, 01:24 PM
if you read xvalve upgrade, there is a difference in on/off length between emag and retro. .75" for classic, and .712/.725 for emag. also the trigger rod length is different 1.985" vs 2.125" Since you have the on/off length correct, check your trigger rod length. If it is 2.125, it is too long, and this would account for it..