PDA

View Full Version : E-mag, maintenance and setup

MagShootinElmo
03-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Hello fellow mag users and maintenance crew, i have shot mags all my paintball carrer and have just purchased an e-mag from a friend and was wondering, what maintenance i needed and how do i set the mag up and what type of batt i need for it whetheri need to purchase a AGD battery system for it of if i can visit radio shack or something to get the battery or if i can just buy like 9v batts or something. Also if you could please direct me on where to see how to install a lvl 10 on a e-mag ive installed previous ones on RT pros and classics but never to an e-mag... is it the same or do i need to watch out for electronics please help... thank you

MagShootinElmo
03-02-2003, 07:32 PM
I also have a phase 2 air valve i was thinking of putting on the e-mag would that be better then the stock valve ?

kenny45749
03-02-2003, 09:51 PM
The Emag is designed to only require the same amount of maintenance that any of the other mags and rt's do, and as you probably know it is pretty minimal. AGD recommends simply putting some oil in the gas connection, then gassing up the gun and firing it(without the barrel on so as to keep oil from building up in the barrel). Personally I take apart the valve from time to time to make sure nothing has built up on the reg seat or any where else, but this is still quite easy in terms of maintenance. Also the Emag will work with the battery/foregrip that comes with the gun. It just recharges when plugged into the charger recieved with the gun. The level ten can be installed just the same as you did on the RT. All of the electronics are housed i nthe grip frame so it won't be a problem. Also the stock valve is the best you could hope for. The phase 2 is quick, but the emags valve is a complete system that will give the best performance.

Basketballer16
03-02-2003, 10:39 PM
the phase two will only lighten your wallet.

MagShootinElmo
03-02-2003, 10:40 PM
my friend didnt give me the batt that came with it and the charger it was his backup and he didnt have themshould i get the AGD ones or is there something else i could use to spare me the cost

kenny45749
03-02-2003, 10:52 PM
Hmm..thats too bad and pretty strange he didn't give you those parts, but oh well. Technically you can supposedly wire some 9 volt batteries in a way to the connection that is located where the foregrip connected. If I were you I would put down the money and get the AGD complete foregrip with battery inside and the charger they sell. In my opinion this is the most solid and reliable route. Just call them up at some time and tell them what you have and what you don't and they will set you up.

Russ
03-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Hmmm, getting a used E-Mag without the battery is like, well, getting a car without the engine (poor analogy, but you get the point :) )

Get a battery from AGD, a little expensive, and so is the charger. I hope you got that gun REAL cheap, or your "friend" won't be for long ;)

Take that Phase II valve and sell it for what you can (IMO) Do not put it in your E-Mag :eek:

darklord
03-02-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Russ
Hmmm, getting a used E-Mag without the battery is like, well, getting a car without the engine (poor analogy, but you get the point :) )

Get a battery from AGD, a little expensive, and so is the charger. I hope you got that gun REAL cheap, or your "friend" won't be for long ;)

Take that Phase II valve and sell it for what you can (IMO) Do not put it in your E-Mag :eek: What he said. Really, you should punch your friend right in the arm for losing the battery and charger. I mean, how do you lose something so critical? Tell me he at least included the housing and stuff for it....

and if you put the phase II valve on it you will not get trigger bounce or the high recharge of the RT valve. Use the phase II as a paperweight, or better yet, to use as a blunt object to hit your friend with for not including the battery and charger! :D

Russ
03-03-2003, 12:04 AM
Use the phase II as a paperweight, or better yet, to use as a blunt object to hit your friend with for not including the battery and charger!

LMAO! http://www.berettaforum.net/ubb/graemlins/rockin_smiley.gif

A battery pack & it's housing cost $80, and another $89 for the charger & cord. Hit him over and over with the phase II valve...

MagShootinElmo
03-03-2003, 12:12 AM
i got the gun, lvl 10 aside btw where do i find instructions for lvl 10 installation i looks in auguns.com and automags.org and cant find em, and he gave me a halo B and a flatline all for 450 so yeah it was a good deal lol

kenny45749
03-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Well it's good to hear you got the gun for such a low price, since you are missing some key parts. Well as for the installation of the Lvl 10, when you first come to automags.org you will see a picture of a blue x mag and the words level 10 superbolt or somthing in yellow. Click on that and you should be brought to a detailed set of instructions and trouble shooting advice about the Lvl 10.

Strider
03-03-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by MagShootinElmo
i got the gun, lvl 10 aside btw where do i find instructions for lvl 10 installation i looks in auguns.com and automags.org and cant find em, and he gave me a halo B and a flatline all for 450 so yeah it was a good deal lol "Good deal" hardly describes that! :) Wow, those kind of deals don't come often...