View Full Version : my rt is so unaccurate, help Please

BajaBoy
03-02-2003, 07:39 PM
set up,

-rt valve
-lx bolt with fomie
-SS freak,13.5" .684 insert
-around, 280-290fps MAX

i used a crossfire tank yesterday (when it was shooting like crap) this is the new crossfires.. not brass reg ones.

say i shot at a bunker from... 50-60 feet, it would hit every side.. and toms gun (cocker) would hit in maybe a 10" diameter.. He was also using Walmart paint.. i was using Comp. edge, and it wasnt a bad batch from what i could see.

wow this honstly makes me want to buy buy a cocker.. anything you suggest?

Matt Crawford
03-02-2003, 07:56 PM
get rid of the freak get a nice boomy/ultralight/titianum. its the best thing i did for my mag.THe freak kit I had did the same as you said.

ChucktheMAGician
03-02-2003, 08:35 PM
I guess they fit that insert good? Sometimes I try to shoot around 270fps and it will really straighten 'em out!

Bulldog
03-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Make sure your freak back is correctly alligned. Mine wasn't, and it shot like crap. I guess Smart Parts didn't machine it well enough. Still waiting on the return.

BajaBoy
03-02-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by ChucktheMAGician
I guess they fit that insert good? Sometimes I try to shoot around 270fps and it will really straighten 'em out!

so are you saying... use the right insert? and lower the velocity (presure behind bolt) not ball in genral. or keep the same cycling presure and use a looser insert?

ide get rid of the freak.. but i love the thing, but honstly i looked the Whole thing over and only prob i have found is the red insert will cut/break paint so im gunna call up smartparts..

ChucktheMAGician
03-02-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by BajaBoy

so are you saying... use the right insert? and lower the velocity (presure behind bolt) not ball in genral. or keep the same cycling presure and use a looser insert?

I would get the right insert first and see if that helps, if not lower the velocity a little. Going to the next larger insert should lower the velocity and make you less efficient, but my main concern is always accuracy over efficiency. The field I play at gives free air all day w/ 1/2 case paint purchase so that's why I'm not to concerned about efficiency.:)

cgrieves
03-03-2003, 07:08 AM
Also think about your trigger technique. After using a warped X-Mag yesterday I have come to the conclusion that after paint/barrel matching, the next best thing is a light or electronic trigger. Inherently I don't think the X-Mag was any more accurate than my Classic/Retro Mag, but the physical movement of the gun due to the stiffer trigger pull is a big issue. With the X mag you can just point the gun, fan the trigger and the whole thing is rock solid.

Cockers normally have a longer, but usually lighter and more progressive trigger pull whereas the automag's is short, but has a definite "snap" point. I believe that's one of the reasons behind the old 'cocker/long range myth.

I liked the 'leccy trigger so much I've sourced a hyperframe!

doublemag
03-04-2003, 03:46 AM
You should get a J&J Ceramic barrel. I use one on both my E-mag and RT and they both shoot great. The only problem I have is with chopped balls but that happens with all mags. Also try using a better quality of paint such as Marbilizer.