PDA

View Full Version : SFL Emag owners problem

nato
03-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey guys/gals, I am a proud owner of an SFL emag and I was very curious. Do you seem to know of any problems with your SFL? (if you own one) Cause a paintball buddy of mine has had some serious problems with his SFL. He's selling it now and I just got my SFL back from AGD. It seems as if it has some trouble with it also. It's not that it is chopping alot of paint but it just acts weird usually. (example: manual mode usually works but emode sometimes doesn't even respond when I pull the trigger.) I am the type of player that wants their gear to work perfectly and if it isn't working to my specific needs then... well, I cant have it stick around. One more problem that I am having is that it occasionaly craps out two balls at a time. It's not the detent either because I checked it. If you have any ideas then that would be great. Thanks for your time!
N.A.T.O. ;)

rdb123
03-02-2003, 10:26 PM
For your EMode problem, try adjusting your ACE.

magman007
03-03-2003, 12:05 AM
Now see, i was thinkin, their triggers were set too short and too light, and when they pulled, they were not pulling straight back, but to the side a little, this can cause the hes to not pick it up. I remember it happening to wyn when he had his x-mag

also, rdb has a good point, also im assuming this is with paint?

PsychoBaller
03-03-2003, 12:10 AM
I'm gonna assume its the ACE if it fires a ball or so, then doesn't. Ace is probably set too low.

-Make sure the battery is fully charged (or enough to work)
-ACE should be ajusted before using any new type of paint.
-and make sure the trigger is not set too short (set screw in the selector switch) or it will not set off the HES sensor.

~da baller

Load SM5
03-03-2003, 12:59 AM
I messed with my trigger a bit and I had the same problem. The first shot did'nt alway pickup. I set it back the way it was and it worked great. give your trigger a little more play and see if that helps. Also LX needs to be oiled. If it's not you can have a sticky first shot. If you have 2 balls coming out than it has to be the detent. That's the only way to make it double feed. What kind of loader do you have. HALO's tend to need a stiffer detent since they can push past the softer ones.

LaW
03-03-2003, 01:00 AM
just so I know, when you turn ace off it willremember that setting when the switch is turned off right? :) just can't wait to get this thing lol

cause a local had one with the early ace when it was first available and it would always reset on his sfl

GO SFL!!!!!! lol I GET HER TUESDAY!!

Load SM5
03-03-2003, 01:11 AM
Mine remember's my settings, but only if I wait a few seconds after I set them before turning the gun off. When the display cuts off and the small LED light starts blinking the settings should be locked.

PsychoBaller
03-03-2003, 04:01 AM
sometimes u have to let the settings kick in, ie the LCD goes blank, then the little red light blinks telling you the gun is still on.

If you reset the ACE setting (on and off) and ajust the BPS without letting the gun have a chance to rest (let the menu turn off and light blinks between 10-15 seconds), then the settings wont set.

Not a biggie

nato
03-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys... I know this is a newb question but I dont feel like screwing my ACE up. I don't really know how to adjust it correctly. If someone could give me a short tutorial that would be great! Thanks! About the double feed, I own a warp and I tightened the detent a little more. It should keep the double firing to occur but I cant test till I fill my HPA.:(
N.A.T.O.

LaW
03-03-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by nato
Thanks guys... I know this is a newb question but I dont feel like screwing my ACE up. I don't really know how to adjust it correctly. If someone could give me a short tutorial that would be great! Thanks! About the double feed, I own a warp and I tightened the detent a little more. It should keep the double firing to occur but I cant test till I fill my HPA.:(
N.A.T.O.

just do a quick search, its been explained in detail :)

Load SM5
03-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Because I'm in a good mood here a quick ACE adjustment lesson.

Turn the ACE down (counterclockwise) a bit and drop a ball in the breech. If it's 2 toned paint place the ball dark side down. Slowly turn the ACE back up until the the gun fires. It should'nt fire when you pull the ball out of the breech.

nato
03-03-2003, 08:01 PM
thanks!
N.A.T.O.

rdb123
03-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Because I'm in a good mood here a quick ACE adjustment lesson.

Turn the ACE down (counterclockwise) a bit and drop a ball in the breech. If it's 2 toned paint place the ball dark side down. Slowly turn the ACE back up until the the gun fires. It should'nt fire when you pull the ball out of the breech.

After it fires, aren't you supposed to do it 2 more full turns?

-Ron

magman007
03-03-2003, 08:15 PM
yes yes you are----but im confused, when using lighter paint, do you do 2 full turns lighter then?

Load SM5
03-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Yea you are supposed to go a little past it, thanks for mentioning that. I went 1 full turn and have'nt had a problem.

LaW
03-03-2003, 08:21 PM
wasn't the extra turn for 2 tone paint only? or is it for single colors too