PDA

View Full Version : automagfreek takes 4th at 1 man

Smoke
03-02-2003, 08:42 PM
Today was my first tourney, and Blackrain Paintball's first for that matter. The tourney was the "Thunderdome" 1 man. 21 people signed up, and because of the odd numbers, we had to put "bye" games in to make everything work. My first game was a "bye", then the second game I faced this guy Ken who shoots a Spyder. Games were played best 2 out of 3, hopper paint only for the duration of the best of 3. I dropped him in the second round, and moved up to take on a guy named Bryan. It was a hard fought game, we mostly sat in the back, too afraid to move up, because we had all angles covered. I went to bunker him, and the refs didn't see who shot who first, so Bryan gave the game to me. Props for that. My next game was against Dave, who happened to win the tourney. He got 1 kill on me, then the other 2 were draws, making him the winner by default. In the battle for 3rd, I bunkered this guy in the center jail, and he moved around the other side just as I was coming over, then he rushed me. Again, a bad call cost me the game, I know I hit him first, but I guess 4th is good enough. My mag functioned flawlessly all day, even though some of the paint wasn't the best. I'll put pics up as soon as I get them. AGD racks up another.

ChucktheMAGician
03-02-2003, 08:58 PM
Congratulations! I've never played a 1 on 1 tourney but when it does get down 1 on 1 w/ me it always seems the winner is the one who can run and shoot accurately the fastest!:)

Smoke
03-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Yeah, 1 man is definatly different. Well, here's the markers that the winners were shooting and how it stands:

1st. place: Imp, Defiant, ??? (I couldn't tell)
2nd place: Automag Classic
3rd. place: Automag Classic
4th. place: Automag Classic

Notice something?:D

Reo5th
03-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Congrats! but..."AGD racks up another?"

me and mossman are gonna have a mini tourny

we havent had it yet

dont know who will win

but we both shoot mags

so a mag will prove supreme

and get 1st and 2nd place

rack up another one for AGD!!!!!!!!!

Smoke
03-02-2003, 10:38 PM
That sounds cool! AGD has been on a roll in the past couple of days. First Skyball, now a bunch of mags all place high in this tourney. AGD's dominating!

cphilip
03-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Way to represent!!!! Congrats!!! :) :cool:

Smoke
03-03-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Way to represent!!!! Congrats!!! :) :cool:
Thanks much!:D

AutomagRT1483
03-03-2003, 01:57 AM
Way to go folks! Thats how we represent The Crimson Men!:D
I would entered this tourney, but I have issues with the so-called tech that works there.