PDA

View Full Version : Have you played in the dark?

Darkstorm
03-02-2003, 10:08 PM
I know a lot of tourney players are on this board, but since scenarios have come your way, I am wondering how many people have played in the dark?

Dayspring
03-02-2003, 11:16 PM
I've played several scenarios in the dark. Drop me at Skirmish USA in the dark and I'll get you just about anywhere you need to go on one side. The other, I'm about 60-70%.

Flip
03-03-2003, 12:34 AM
Yet I still love the night portions of Scenarios. The adrenalin for me goes up 200%, since I can't see squat. Still get my base demo's and GK's, nice having a good group of players to lead you in :)

Meph
03-03-2003, 10:27 AM
I do, but rarely. Normally when Nighttime hits, I'm with the drunk people. In the players' shack upstairs playing Beer Pong. It's a tradition.

I remember a great story during last years Quest. After some beer pong, then sitting on somebodys' bunkhouse porch having a couple more cold ones. It came to be about 2am-ish I think. Blue was in the A-frame getting ready for sleep. As soon as Blue turned off his lights to hit the sack...

Bang BRING OUT YOUR DEAD! Bang

Winter (writer for Crossfire) and I were at that very moment starting our journey up the Bunkhouse road. I grabbed a trashcan lid and a metal 12-gram quick changer. Went all the way up to the top, Winter screaming "BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!"
The walk back down, there were people standing outside the bunkhouses just looking at us. I couldn't tell if they were sleepy or pissed.

As soon as Blue heard that first gong, he just said "Oh no..."

TheGreyMage
03-05-2003, 01:05 AM
nightime is a lot of fun, especially when all the idiots go in. a lot of people are confused by night play (and not just those who are new to it) and just shoot at everything that moves. for those of us who played with rtd during stonehenge you will know exactly what i mean. once things settle down around midnight things get fun. you really start to get into the story line because its all about the missions, and often times at midnight something cool goes down. then you get to hunt down and root out snipers completly blind while they have gen 3 night vision, and crawl painstakingly to the other base and cause some havoc. then its to the reinsertion for some more chaos as likely now that you have been gone for a half hour, the same old snipers are back again and have blown your cp. night play is a lot more fast pased because of the fewer people and the ability to move more freely than in th day, yet everything slows down. its just so uch fun.

Dayspring
03-05-2003, 02:09 AM
My rec team does some of its best work at night. Night Vision helps too. :)

hitmanng
03-05-2003, 11:34 AM
I cannot vote in poll for some reason but night play fastenates me. I never miss a night game although it can be very flustrating to defent a base at night when assaulted. That ends more night games then any other factor. Night vision helps but a good set is so expensive it is prohibative. I do have a monocal and it can be useful. The thing to remember is that night vision is useless if there is light. I am thinking a huge 1 mill light with a red filter is the most fun.
Hitmanng

Mickster
03-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Am very curious as to how night games work they sound like they could be fun. Have yet to hear of any in the UK im sure they do exist, would love to play one if they do. So how do they work is there some lighting or are you completely in the dark and have to provide your own source of light??:confused:

Mike

TheGreyMage
03-05-2003, 04:01 PM
i think we are mostly on the topic of the 24hour scenerio, in which night play is almost a third of the action of the game. there are generally some sources of light on the field, be they powered by generoators or from somewhere built into the field. you will often times see many people sporting maglights and hand held spotlights if not night vision. scenerio ball in europe is a sly beast as far as i can tell, although i know there are a few. most scenerios include at least some night play so chech your calenders for events.

Tunaman
03-09-2003, 08:52 PM
You guy gotta get some of those Kryptonite Paintballs and the Richochet loader with the Ultra violet in it to energize the balls...real cool stuff

hitmanng
03-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
You guy gotta get some of those Kryptonite Paintballs and the Richochet loader with the Ultra violet in it to energize the balls...real cool stuff

Only problem with tracers Tunaman is it allows me to see where the balls are coming from. Kinda kills the stealth thing. Although a night speed ball game would be a blast with them.
Hitmang

Dayspring
03-09-2003, 11:57 PM
That's why you mix in half and half. Like tracer rounds in real bullets. That way you shoot and every so often the glow one comes out. Allows you to aim. :)

Originally posted by hitmanng

Only problem with tracers Tunaman is it allows me to see where the balls are coming from. Kinda kills the stealth thing. Although a night speed ball game would be a blast with them.
Hitmang

rjvemt1
03-10-2003, 01:04 AM
i played at night in a large corral full of horses one time. i was back in cal. on the nor. cal. coast, it was very foggy. the corral was the private property of one of the guys playin. horses DO NOT like being hit with paintballs! luckily this was back when everyone used pump guns, so the horese were not gettin hosed real bad. we also all chrono-ed under 240. its a game ill never forget, thats for sure!

2k1angel
03-11-2003, 03:08 PM
night play is sweet i love walking up on people and tapping them out, its also the man with nightvisions playground.

mtnkid82
03-12-2003, 07:25 PM
Ive played a few night games 1 scenario game and one with like 5 of my friends . It was pretty fun . My favorite is when you hear some one but you cant see them , the suspense is enough to kill ya ! And the adrenalin sky rockets !:D

AutomagRT1483
03-19-2003, 03:00 AM
I love night ball!!!:D Me and a group of friends were playing on his field from 6 pm till about 3 am. It is pure adrenalin at night. :)

automag_20
03-20-2003, 10:01 PM
Yah i just played in a night game last sunday at target zone in Bakersfield CA. It was a blast to do.

Tsunamip8ntphreak
03-21-2003, 02:28 PM
Dude I love playing in the dark, My Scenario Team's name is SOuthern Alliance, But I was with some guys frome "The Mole" which is another scenario tea, who we are good friends with, Took out about 20 to 30 players from the opposition (*Note there are Just 3 of us, Me and 2 guys from the mole) But we had night vision, so we were able to see everyone of them.

We were running a mission to retrieve a stolen artifact (prop) that was hidden on the North end of the oppositions base, So we were right under their nose (literally 10ft from the point of being detected) and 8ft from the prop we needed (which was a key for some kind of chest we later found) So I went for it, But as I was reaching for it I was detected by the Base and they were going to interigate me, But the MOLE guys saved my @$$ by throwing SHlT into the bushes all around them and convincing the opposition that they were surrounded. They let me go with out a shot being fired and once I was clear of danger we told them to "Take the hit" so everyone in the base, with the exception of the General and a medic left the base, and that was one of the coolest night games I have ever played.

JoelSalz311
03-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Where can I get cheap night vision?
I don't feel like spending 1300 on it.

Tsunamip8ntphreak
03-23-2003, 05:37 AM
Wal-mart:
sporting goods section

Ask for Cooter, He'll hook you up with a pair for $100, they even come with infrared!

SlipknotX556
03-23-2003, 09:18 PM
oooo I want to play in wal mart. It would be fun.

aaron_mag
04-03-2003, 11:59 PM
Night play is weird. We get used to aiming by watching where our balls land. Last time I played night ball I resorted to barrel tapping people out. Funny thing was when I finally got to some light I found out my marker had chopped a ball (this is pre Level 10) and I was jammed full of goo anyway.