PDA

View Full Version : I'm E-mag stupid and need help.....

Little Matt
03-03-2003, 12:21 AM
I just got a used e-mag. I was stupid and didn't test it before I bought it. Well, needless to say it doens't work right.

I took it to a team practice today, and I gased it up, but it wouldn't fire. I would sit there and pull the trigger and it would take a couple of times before it would fire. I tried putting it into manual mode, and diconnected the batter, but it would only shoot once and the push rod, would not come back far enuff for me to shoo it again.

I would also like to note that this is my first mag and am pretty stupid when it comes to how it operates I haven't had the chance to research them.

But any help would be nice I need to get this thing running before the 15th because I got a tournament.

Thanks,

Load SM5
03-03-2003, 12:55 AM
Tell us more about your set-up. Level 10, blade trigger, etc.

Little Matt
03-03-2003, 01:00 AM
Its got a LX and a TL63 blade trigger.

thanks,

Load SM5
03-03-2003, 01:09 AM
With the T63 trigger you'll have the lengthen the trigger rod a bit. I had to do the same to mine to make if fire reliably in mechanical mode. It takes a little bit of trial and error but go a little bit at a time. Also LX requires a little more oiling to make it work reliably. If it's a little dry the first few shots can be sticky. Pop the hose going into your valve and put 3-5 drops of good paintgun oil in there and fire the mag into a towel with the barrel off about 60 times.to run the oil through the valve. If this does'nt work you might have the trigger adjusted too tight. Loosen the slack a little through the little grub screw inside the frame on the selector switch like in the photo here http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/emag/emag_limit.jpg Try that out and report back.

Actually read all of Bill's warpig article. It has some good direction and photo's on trigger adjustment and the ins and outs of the e-mag. http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/emag/review.shtml

Little Matt
03-03-2003, 01:27 AM
Hmm, that makes sense. It'll be awhile before I can really test it out though. I don't have any air and it'll probley be before saturday, before I can get some. I guess I'll have to wait and see. But I really hope your right.

but if the gun won't fire how am I to get the oil to cycle through?

Thanks,

Dayspring
03-03-2003, 01:43 AM
Something else to check- maybe your Level 10 carrier is too tight. You might need to move up a size or two. Go with the biggest one that doesn't leak.

Load SM5
03-03-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Little Matt

but if the gun won't fire how am I to get the oil to cycle through?

Thanks,

I thought you said you could pull the trigger a few times and the it would cycle.

RobAGD
03-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Try getting ahold of KayleAGD he might be more local help for and should be able to help sort your gun out for you.

Drop him a PM and see whats up

-Robert