PDA

View Full Version : X-mag ckt board/Battery problem? (ROB SOS)

Dynamo55
03-03-2003, 12:07 PM
My new X-mag when put in electro mode displays "AGD 2.21" as normal. I go to fire and after each shot it displays "AGD 2.21", It will do this for awhile then the little flashing dot that lets you know its on stops. I then have to turn it off & on to fire again.It keeps repeating its little ordeal and then gives me a low battery indicator.Oh and it is not keeping track of shots on the shot counter as well. Its been at 1208 for while now. I made sure the battery was charged, (Green light on charger for about 15min) Checked all wires for cuts or bad saudering. I'm stumped. X-mag cycles fine untill lite stops flashing. Some times Low battery does not display. It just stops.I don't have a computer, just a crappy WebTV so I can't consult the CD manual.Thank you for your help.

jrawlinson_2000
03-03-2003, 12:34 PM
I have just got a x-mag and i get the AGD 2.21 diaplay then it goes and just get the flashing .

If it has always been like this I would say its the PC board, cos it sounds very odd, as it stops flashing and so on, sorry I'm not helping too much, but I would take it or send it to AGD or call them and see if they will send out another PC board for you to fit.

Good Luck

magman007
03-03-2003, 08:17 PM
DO NOT TRUST THE LIGHT! it lies to you... let that battery charge for a good 8 hours tyo over night, see if that helps

BlackVCG
03-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Do not charge the battery overnight. Once it's fully charged, it emits the excess charge as heat. This is why your pack gets warm when it's done charging. Charge it for about 3-4 hours, take it off the charger and check it with a digital multimeter. You can get inexpensive DMM's for about $10-20. Everyone should have one. It should be about 18-19V.

It sounds like your problem might be with the HES or the board ground screw. Take off the left grip panel and tighten the screw that holds down the board at the bottom of the board. When this screw is loose, it creates a bad ground and can cause the board to intermittently turn on and off.

With the battery pack off, make sure that the ground pin that contacts the negative blade on the battery is not crooked in the hole and that it's pressed all the way into the grip frame. Also, make sure that the positive lead wire screw is fully tightened.

The last thing to try is to back out the HES magnet so it's further away from the HES chip in the grip frame. Back it out all the way and then put the gun in manual mode, turn the gun on and pull the trigger and see if it registers the shot. With it backed out all the way, it's most likely it won't fire with the switch in E-Mode, so that's why you need to put it in Manual mode.