PDA

View Full Version : Cocker Rock - Tech Help

UThomas
03-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Just got a new Smart Parts autococker. I switched the chrome reg off of it onto my other cocker. When I gassed it up, it vented all over the place as soon as the reg was taking pressure. I unscrewed the adjustment knob out and on my working rock there is a little plate, and on the non working rock there is just a spring and it looks like the plate is missing. This makes sense as to why its not working. Anybody know where I can get that plate or have any advise?

Thanks!

ezrunner
03-03-2003, 09:39 PM
That plate just keeps the screw from getting caught in the spring, and distributes the force so the spring stays straight.

Check out the washer selection at your hardware store :-)

Should be able to find a perfect fit.

I also think you should check where it is venting from.

-rob

FalconGuy016
03-03-2003, 09:57 PM
drool

an evolution? Man, did you fire it before you switched regs to feel the amazingness of it?

UThomas
03-03-2003, 11:08 PM
I'm pretty positive it is venting from the over pressure hole. I'm feeding it ~220 psi. I sent a note over to Craig Palmer about it though..

As for the evolution, its glorious. Its got some really spiffy things on it. I plan on posting pictures and such once I get it all setup (I've never seen one like this: red/black/silver splash with lots of milling). Have only shot it on CO2 after I changed the front pneumatics (clippard ram to red sto, chrome stock 3 way to chrome bomb, chrome Rock to Red ANS) and spent a couple hours cleaning it since it looked like it sat around for a year or two (!!) before the owner decided to sell it to me. Pretty slick though.

Mossman
03-03-2003, 11:40 PM
Don't mess with perfect!!! :o :eek:

hehe, since it's used i guess it's ok. Definately wait to hear back from the palmers guys.