PDA

View Full Version : Picture Geeksters! See if you can help me with this...

cphilip
03-03-2003, 08:10 PM
This guy is helping me with a Video System install in the beast. I was trying to get some of these pictures off his album and put em on the hard drive but they do not seem to become Jpegs even though they seem to be and say they are when I save em. Not sure what is used here at this site he uses. Webshots.com

this is one of em but I do not know if you will be able to open it here but lets see.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/64087862/63655197YEwXzW

His main album is here: http://community.webshots.com/user/water_junky

And this one is under "Ford Dually Mods by owner"

Whats this all about and how can I convert them?

ChucktheMAGician
03-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Which ones did you need converted, i ddi the first one I saw,

cphilip
03-03-2003, 08:29 PM
DANG YOU!!!! That was the main one...

how did you do that? All I think I got on this laptop is Picture it... But each time I save to the HD here it says they are jpg's but they seem not to be when I go to retrieve and use them.

cphilip
03-03-2003, 08:32 PM
OK now this is just freaking wierd. I had posted that picture URL on another post just a while ago and got the red x. But now I go back and that same picture is indeed there...

ChucktheMAGician
03-03-2003, 08:33 PM
I sent you a PM, I just use my cameras program.

FalconGuy016
03-03-2003, 08:34 PM
I do not understand what you are trying to convert. I right click, save as, and they are jpegs already. Large though 1600x something. If they just didnt save on your computer as jpegs, I cant really help you because they did on mine.

FalconGuy016
03-03-2003, 08:36 PM
I saved it on my computer and this it already is a jpg

edit: I can resave them all onto another server if you'd like??

cphilip
03-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Well thats kinda what I wanted to hear. But when I do that they say they are saving as jpg's but yet when I go look at them and try and use them they are unkown file format. But yet there properties are jpg!!!!! Oh well. I guess its something here on my computer then...

thanks as that tells me what I needed to know. Gonna have to figure it out here on the home front.

cphilip
03-03-2003, 08:39 PM
No its cool I can link em just need to figure out why I not saving correctly here on this laptop...

cphilip
03-03-2003, 08:40 PM
...anyway that is the model and pretty much the install I am doing on "THE BEAST"!

FalconGuy016
03-03-2003, 08:52 PM
omg lol I already did everything ... oh well

http://falconvideo.tripod.com/index.html

bornl33t
03-03-2003, 09:08 PM
I think that one there is actually illegal. they can't be mounted within sight of the driver. But the laws vary from state to state

cphilip
03-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Your probably right Heat. Although he cannot see it unless he pulls his seat all the way back and reclines his seat. Seems the picture somewhat distorts it realy he says. I am not sure the exact rules on that and the ones I have "heard" seem rather vauge. I am doing some measuring and am going to try and get mine further back about a half a foot or so. In fact if I do it looks like a better mounting position. He said he wanted his wife to be able to shift back and recline and see it and she can. That was his thought on it at least.

Nice set up though don't you think? And in exactly the same truck and the same interior color as mine.

FalconGuy016
03-03-2003, 09:23 PM
I really like it

MajorDamage
03-04-2003, 01:32 AM
We had a van that had one in it that when you leaned the chair all the way back you could see it, and it came on the van stock so it should be ok if its that far back. It was a 2000 Chevy Venture Warner Bros. Edition if that helps lol

ENDO!

pbzmag
03-04-2003, 02:25 AM
Yeah, the laws vary state to state. I think in California, you can have it but must be disabled when driving. If I'm wrong, LMK.

cphillip - I think the computer is playing tricks with your mind.:D

pbzmag