PDA

View Full Version : cant get "sweet spot" anymore with RT

d0rtigoza
03-03-2003, 10:30 PM
ever since ive had the level 10 bolt in and working i cant get the trigger to bounce anymore

im running an 800 psi tank shootng with velocity at 260 fps

anything i can do?

SI|ENT|3O|3
03-03-2003, 10:35 PM
thats actually good....sweetspotting is a malfunction...good job, you cured your bad habit. just lettin you know...i thought it was cool until curtis informed me that it was bad...so just letting you know. you could prolly get it to still do it, but you would have to put a lil more pressure into it.
-sebastian

DonPage
03-16-2003, 07:25 PM
I've had my blessed Mag for a little over 2 years now, I added an RT valve about a year ago. I was disappointed with the level of reactivity in the trigger so I added an IntellaFrame with a Blade trigger, later an adjustable tank. Everything helped, but nothing resulted in the sweet spot that I was looking for. Frankly I was starting to think I was just to dim witted to fire the gun correctly. Then I added the level 10 upgrade and the sweet spot I had been searching for unexpectedly appeared. In the past the best I could do was short bursts of 3 to 4 balls at about 8 bps. Now with the trigger reacting like it should I could dump an entire hopper at 13bps with ease! (Not that I would)

It seems like the sweet spot becomes bigger and faster with the Mags reg set at the lowest possible pressure. At one time I am pretty sure the gun was firing at about 20 bps! It seems to me, in my limited experience that a weaker spring would allow you to turn down the reg and produce a larger faster sweet spot. Between the three springs shouldn't it be possible to get any RT to sweet spot at a given velocity?
If so why doesn't anyone talk about it? AGD should market a RT Fine tune kit with a selection of springs so we can all turn our RTs into the dream guns we seek. Right now I am shooting 13 bps with deadly accuracy. I can't chop no matter how hard I try. What more could any baller ask for?

xen_100
03-17-2003, 12:48 PM
from everything I have ever read........springs have nothing to do with the reactiveness of the valve. it is all about input pressure.

Strider
03-17-2003, 02:03 PM
I've found that the spring seems to matter when dealing with LX and an RT Valve.

Running aprox 800psi at 250fps required the L7 spring to have reasonable reactivity. The middle spring (which I use under similar cicumstances on my Emag) results in the trigger feeling like a classic mag.

cgrieves
03-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Now that's interesting- I would have expected that with the stronger springs the sear would be easier to disengage. After all, the stronger spring will more strongly counteract the air pressure pushing the bolt forward.

My LX Emag valve on a classic 'mag has a pretty stiff trigger pull. I'm hoping that the more I use it the easier it will get.....

DonPage
03-17-2003, 07:12 PM
I agree that the spring does not directly affect the sweet spot. But a weaker spring will let me turn down the mags reg and still chrono at 280 fps. It's the lower reg setting that gave me the sweet spot.