PDA

View Full Version : How do I use a co2 fill station?

abrewin450
03-03-2003, 11:23 PM
Supposing I had my own Co2 tank (like a big tank not a canister). And I bought a Co2 fill station. What would I need to know in order to use it without killing myself. If its too complicated then don't worry about it. But if it is really easy then please let me know what to worry about. Thanks

--Andy

rpm07
03-03-2003, 11:50 PM
First you need a scale.
what you do is put a little co2 in then drain it set the scale at zero then fill it to the weight as so if it is a 20 oz fill it to 20 oz its not that bad. just check ot the tank before you fill I have had tank that came in brand new with cracks in the neck just inspect if before you fill it.
Mike

Reo5th
03-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Very simple. They work great. We've got one that we rent from a welding supplier and we get tons of fills off of it. Pretty hard to screw-up filling, though you must have a scale, and gloves would be a good idea.

FeelTheRT
03-04-2003, 09:13 PM
CO2 is somewhat trickier than HPA. Before you fill it, make sure you have some CO2 in the tank to drain. The reason why you have to drain it is so you can get the tank cold. Other than that, rmp got it all covered.

yeahthatsme
03-04-2003, 09:20 PM
gloves, make sure you have some kind of gloves, i fill co2 from time to time at my local field and if you dont have gloves your hands will friggin freeze