PDA

View Full Version : Datapimp DF

oldsoldier
03-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Well, I just received my drop forward from Datapimp. Let me say, this thing is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the thumbscrew idea. It fits nice and small. If you are considering buyig a NW, please reconsider and get this one! You also get a second connector block, so you can attach one tank to two drops. The drop is designed to replace the front block on the flatline tank, and screw directly into the clamps. The anno came out awesome, matches my x exactly! One word about this; the fit is very tight; you will probably need to remove your bottle cover to install it. Ok, here are some pics:

oldsoldier
03-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Another:

oldsoldier
03-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Closeup of thumbscrew;

2000Sabre
03-04-2003, 10:43 AM
That looks really nice. I own two of the NW Quick Disconnects and they always have a little side to side play in them no matter how hard I tighten the wing nut on the end. Are these made for the AGD flatlines only or will they work with any tank mouunt?

oldsoldier
03-04-2003, 10:46 AM
Well, the flatline has the block in the clamp, as in the second pic. If another tank has the same or similar setup, yeah, it'll work. There is absolutely no play in this at all; the thumbscrew sits it nice and tight.

synreal
03-04-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by 2000Sabre
That looks really nice. I own two of the NW Quick Disconnects and they always have a little side to side play in them no matter how hard I tighten the wing nut on the end. Are these made for the AGD flatlines only or will they work with any tank mouunt?
this model won't but a dovetail mount version is in the works for release -very- soon

cphilip
03-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Here is a copy of what I just posted on these Drops over in Dealers. I have not gotten the X mag yet so I do not have it installed but this much I can tell you so far...

OK I now have one of these in my hands...

First impressions.

The fit and finish is excellent. Perfect as a matter of fact.

An interesting feature not previously mentioned is that not only is the base threaded for the retaining screw but there is a thread or two in the bottom of the drop arm itself. What this does is keeps the screw from falling out once it has been unscrewed enough to allow you to slip the arm off the base. In order to competly remove the retaining screw you have to pull it down and unscrew it another few turns. Otherwise it just sits there waiting on you to do something with it. Kind of a safety retainer feature. I found this a suprizingly nice touch.

Another feature is there is also and alignment pin in the rear of the Mounting block itself. That fits into a notch. I am not quite sure of why this was nessicary but it appears to keep it centered and eliminate wobble and acts more as a back stop so that when its tight up against it then the hole for the retaining screw lines up perfectly. I think thats its real purpose but it may do both. It is maybe SS? not sure. But the way it makes the hole line up is absolutely perfectly aligned. I mean perfect. No matter wich block you try. Each one is perfectly aligned. A sign of consistency.

The Loggo shows up just enough to be tastefull. And the holes are finished even nicely inside.

This thing is well thought out. And well made in every detail. My hats off to you for this. IThese are excellent and I am not just saying that. I mean it.

oldsoldier
03-04-2003, 10:58 AM
Phil, could you attach this thread to Datapimps? Pretty please?

cphilip
03-04-2003, 11:03 AM
I can link it as the actual sales stuff he will want and needs to stay over in Dealers.

Datapim69 Sale thread in Dealers forum with pictures is here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66240&perpage=30&pagenumber=1)

datapimp69
03-04-2003, 04:17 PM
thanks guys..

OS how about a pic of the whole gun so we can see how it looks better. and it looks like it matches the tanks cover good too.

big E kingpin
03-04-2003, 08:52 PM
i have a question about this system. i have the nw and i love it, because i can leave my warp and halo attached to the tank and remove it all from the gun at once. does this system have this capabillity? i really like the design, but i am a warp lover, and like being able to disconnect everything at once.
thanks

gibby
03-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Hey oldsoldier...good to see you're taking care of my X-Mag...hehe! :D

datapimp69
03-04-2003, 11:15 PM
kingpin,

im sorry but there is no way to mount the warp to it.

but you may have given me an idea for another drop :)

oldsoldier
03-05-2003, 01:50 AM
Here are 3 quick snaps of them...enjoy! One recommendation, drop the forward screw holes (the ones that attach to the clamp) just a tiny bit; the tolerance is VERY good...so good, in fact, that I have to take my tank cover off to get it on :). These are really beautiful though...and, like I said, the anno match is perfect!

oldsoldier
03-05-2003, 01:50 AM
Two...my wall o' guns:

oldsoldier
03-05-2003, 01:51 AM
And last one.

datapimp69
03-05-2003, 09:05 AM
man that anao really did match.

looks great!!

big E kingpin
03-05-2003, 09:15 AM
if the warp mounted to it, i would buy 3 of them!
keep me posted

Hexis
03-05-2003, 10:08 AM
I for one am looking very forward to the Dovetail version. Got an old AA setup now, plan on a flatline, but I love the idea of being able to switch quickly between them if I ever need to.