PDA

View Full Version : Does a revvy work better with a no rise or high rise?

mrbrutal
03-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Im thinking of getting a no rise for my rt pro but was wondering if that might be a mistake. I heard somewhere that the no rise was better for halos and that the std centerfeed body is better for revvy, though I think the std cf body is too high. Any thoughts?

mykroft
03-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Revy's work better with high-rises, because they don't force-feed, the higher the ball-stack, the better it feeds.

For a no-rise, you'll want a force-feed setup. Either a Warp, Eggo 2 or Halo B.

cphilip
03-04-2003, 12:00 PM
I will say I had no problems with a revy on a no rise with level 10 in the Marker... Not sure it worked any worse if thats what you wanted to know. It seemed to keep up with my best speeds fine in Semiauto. Not sure the level 10 wasn't helping me out with some of that though. No chops or breaks anyway and I did not take it easy on it at all. I am not saying I recommend that set up but I found nothing wrong with it in my experience if you were to end up having to put one on a No Rise as a back up.

mrbrutal
03-04-2003, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I want to go with a no rise cuz of the lower profile

nippinout
03-04-2003, 12:19 PM
Revvys do work better on hi-rises not because they aren't force feed loaders, but because of the way it feeds.

The Revvy's spin up when it sense a gap in the ball stack. You Revvy is reacting to this gap. Hi-rises are preferred because there is a bigger ball stack which gives you that many more balls to use before a gap occurs.

EDIT:

If you want to go no-rise with a Revvy, you can intellifeed it. This way, the Revvy spins each time you fire, not when a gap is sensed.

LaW
03-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by nippinout
Revvys do work better on hi-rises not because they aren't force feed loaders, but because of the way it feeds.

The Revvy's spin up when it sense a gap in the ball stack. You Revvy is reacting to this gap. Hi-rises are preferred because there is a bigger ball stack which gives you that many more balls to use before a gap occurs.

EDIT:

If you want to go no-rise with a Revvy, you can intellifeed it. This way, the Revvy spins each time you fire, not when a gap is sensed.

or get a reloader! I just got one on my emag, ripped a hopper out nonstop in hybrid and it kept up great!

mrbrutal
03-04-2003, 04:21 PM
I was considering one of those empire reloaders if I get a no rise. Im not good with a soldering gun so I didnt want to mess up the revvy

fire1811
03-04-2003, 04:25 PM
i used to use a revvy on my norise and all i can say is
u BETTER have a lvl 10 lvlX was constantly kickin with my rev.
I then got a evolution2 and all i can say is WOW. i havent had a feed issue yet with the evo. I love it.

it sits really low also there is only about 3/4 of an inch between the body and the bottom of the evo its really nice.