PDA

View Full Version : any asian paintballers?

Statik7
03-04-2003, 07:52 PM
holla! im one!

darklord
03-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Holla back, youngun!

Gotenks
03-04-2003, 08:00 PM
I'm one too!

holla back youngin!

FalconGuy016
03-04-2003, 08:58 PM
im half... a nothingith :)

LittMag
03-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Over here

MantisMag
03-04-2003, 09:59 PM
chinee foo heeeeeeah!

darklord
03-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by MantisMag
chinee foo heeeeeeah! You better be Asian, pal.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

tranman
03-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Ok, you caught me...

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=675208

you'll see the asian kid in that pic, thats me.

joeyjoe367
03-05-2003, 01:58 AM
Is my skin "yellow?" Yes.

Ask me what I am, and I'll say "American"

Never understood what this whole asian pride crap is. Personally, I believe that you should recognize and respect your heritage and culture, but that shouldn't keep you from assimilating into the country that you live in.

It irritates me that so many asian people exclusivly hang out with other asians.

*edit* Holy Cow Darklord!!! When you Joined AO, and I sold you my Mini-Mag, I had 800 posts and you had like 10! Caught up quite nicely there ;)

einhander619
03-05-2003, 03:04 AM
been to socal lately? chances are if you're asain you ball it up.

Miscue
03-05-2003, 03:32 AM
I agree joey... I don't think of myself in terms of ethnicity. If I had no physical body, I would tell you that I am in no way Asian... or anything else. But through blood and appearance-wise... I am part Asian. I am completely "American" in all other respects... language, culture, etc. It's not that I think being "Asian" is bad, it's that... I just don't give a flying monkey's butt about what "race" I am.

I play table tennis a lot... and I absolutely hate it that there is a stereotype for that. It's just a coincidence that I appear Asian and like table tennis. "Oh, you're good because you're Asian." That really irritates me. How about... I play because I like it... and that's it. It makes me want to go beat someone with my wok, and stab them with chopsticks...

joeyjoe367
03-05-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
It makes me want to go beat someone with my wok, and stab them with chopsticks...

ROFL!!!

MantisMag
03-05-2003, 12:33 PM
eating chopsticks or cooking chopsticks?

we're better at paintball too cause we're small, fast, have better hand eye coordination, and are smarter than the competition. :p

BTAutoMag
03-05-2003, 12:45 PM
all i can say is...

WHERE'S FOOTEMPS!!!!!

joeyjoe367
03-05-2003, 01:34 PM
...Probably out in the rice fields harvesting. :D

vdo_game_junkie
03-05-2003, 01:40 PM
we're better at paintball too cause we're small, fast, have better hand eye coordination, and are smarter than the competition. :p [/B]

Uhh, well this asian/american isn't so small. I must be a fluke or something. :)

joeyjoe367
03-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by vdo_game_junkie

Uhh, well this asian/american isn't so small. I must be a fluke or something. :)

It's probably the fatty american diet. Death to round-eyes!!! ;)

nippinout
03-05-2003, 01:57 PM
What I don't get is folks with AzN Pride who act all thug and ghetto wearing FUBU.

I've got Korean parents, but I'm an American. But that doesn't mean that I shun parts of my ancestry and heritage. I do the boom-skaka-laka type of ceremonial things, ethnic stuff like that occasionally. :)

Once again, Azn pride is retarded when you are trying to be ghettofabulous.

Bunch of tools...

Russia and India are part of Asia if you have forgotten. :)

I've got 'yellow' skin and crazy eyes but that doesn't mean I'm Chinese. For the 1,000,000th time, I am not Chinese! Or Japanese. I'm American.

Jebus.

darklord
03-05-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
*edit* Holy Cow Darklord!!! When you Joined AO, and I sold you my Mini-Mag, I had 800 posts and you had like 10! Caught up quite nicely there ;) Heh, thanks Joe :)

I think of myself as an American too, but most white people call me Chinese, so..... I must be Chinese then! :rolleyes:

BTAutoMag
03-05-2003, 03:33 PM
einhander619

reduce your sig, if i noticed it a mod certainly will. it must be 175x350 and 15k or smaller

Statik7
03-05-2003, 05:41 PM
this isnt an asian pride thing, i see it alot and it gets annoying. I was just wondering if any asians were into PB.
Most of the ones i know locally arent into any tpe of extreme sports.

I really hate when your asian, you automatically become chinese. wtf.

BlackHalo
03-05-2003, 05:42 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------
Quote vdo_game_junkie -
Uhh, well this asian/american isn't so small. I must be a fluke or something.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Can't be a fluke cause I'm not small either. I'm usually the bunker people try to hide behind.

FLIP-SIDE!

FooTemps
03-05-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm chinese and people think I look korean... Do I not fit into the "every asian is chinese" thing!?!? It bugs me...

MantisMag
03-05-2003, 07:08 PM
yeah me too foo. i've been asked if i was korean, by a korean. i've been asked if i was vietnamese, fillipino, even spanish one time by a vietnamese guy :rolleyes:. anything but chinese or japanese. hellooooooo. why don't you try picking the biggest damn country? it's like people are afraid it's not PC to pick the biggest countries. wouldn't want to stereotype all asians as being from those two countries.

my family is a stereotype though. my paternal grandfather owned a restaurant. my maternal grandfather was a partner in a laundry. all of them except my paternal grandmother were stowaways. her parents were stowaways and gave birth to her immediately after landing. did i mention my last name is lee? you can call me bruce. or brandon. or more recently jet. ;)

joeyjoe367
03-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Hehe, my uncle owns a laundry place too :) If that's not steriotypical enough for you, he also employs mexicans. :D

My mother also owns her own business. She does custom embroidery and my grandmother does professional alterations and stuff.

My dad works for boeing.

Foo, I deff. could mistake you for Korean.

btw, I'm korean also.

nippinout
03-06-2003, 05:10 AM
This friend of mine who came to America when he was three keeps telling me that I'm too white washed and not Korean enough.

I was born and raised in America, what a tool. He plays paintball though, but he sucks. :)

Both my parents work for the USPS. I can't even count how many Koreans I know that work for the USPS.

graycie
03-06-2003, 10:40 AM
there seems to be pretty much a group stereotype of employment of asians; your parents/grandparents most likely owned some kind of service business ie. laundry, food, grocery,etc. or they were fortunate enough to attend school in the homeland and are skilled professionals. heck i'll admit my family is old skool in that respect, both my parents had rice fields in the homeland, came to america worked in stereotypical jobs restaurant, laundry, garment factory. but you know what, in the end it doesn't really matter what ethnic background you are from because every immigrant started in a similar way. alot of them have had families, bought homes, put kids through college and own their own business.

cphilip
03-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by graycie
... but you know what, in the end it doesn't really matter what ethnic background you are from because every immigrant started in a similar way.

Amen Sister! Far as I know my Irish and German ancestors started the same darn way! Chicken Farmers and such! ;) It's a unifying experience that makes us all Americans!

Do you folks want me to move this over to meet and greet for you?

shartley
03-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Well…. to be my characteristic self… not EVERY immigrant started out that way. ;) There are some VERY rich immigrants here in the US, they even CAME here that way. :D

(But yes, most POOR immigrants started that way… heck most AMERICANS of lower income started that way, and remain that way. ;))

Seeker of Truth
03-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Hey guys i know this is sooo late (is the thread closed????) but i just joined the site... Big shout out from England. PB is great but i am a total newbie. Enjoy it mucho tho.

pbzmag
03-07-2003, 07:54 PM
I'm part Filipino and Spanish. Well more like 1/4 Spanish or less, I really don't know. People mistake me for chinese. I even had a few older chinese elders who walked up to me and started to talk chinese to me. I really don't have the "typical" filipino look. I just consider myself an American.

pbzmag

Gotenks
03-07-2003, 08:00 PM
most people think I'm mexican... then I tell them I'm filipino... (actually they think I'm mexican when I have facial hair, when I'm clean shaven I look asian)

Then they get to know me, and get to know my personality. That's when they call me "twinkie" yellow on the outside, but white on the inside! :p

just kidding, but I'm 100% american... while I was not born in the 50 states... I was born on a U.S. Air Force base in Angeles City of the Philippines.

hootie hoo?

Fanatic
03-07-2003, 08:22 PM
most people think I'm mexican... then I tell them I'm filipino... (actually they think I'm mexican when I have facial hair, when I'm clean shaven I look asian)

i really hate it when this happens...do i got to shave all the time for people to realize that im azian....geesh!!

im stuck here in TN for the time being and it just chaps the hide when i get "hola" and "gracias" when i buy gas..

oh why...why me...damn facial hair!!

and if i do shave...i have to get a parents consent to buy beer!!--no not really, i just get carded all the time....and even in the same place..

maybe i should just wear one of them pointet Raiden hats or something..hehe

But im Filipino to the bone!!

MantisMag
03-07-2003, 10:18 PM
welcome seeker. :)

while all poor immigrants do start with menial jobs in this way i find it interesting that they all found specific jobs. with the chinese it was the railroad or you worked in a chinatown at a restaurant or laundry often with family that came over before you. i think thie irish immigrants ended up in factories (textile mills?). the mexicans ended up being migratory farm workers, some still do.

Gotenks
03-08-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by EMAGfanatic

i really hate it when this happens...do i got to shave all the time for people to realize that im azian....geesh!!

im stuck here in TN for the time being and it just chaps the hide when i get "hola" and "gracias" when i buy gas..

oh why...why me...damn facial hair!!

and if i do shave...i have to get a parents consent to buy beer!!--no not really, i just get carded all the time....and even in the same place..

But im Filipino to the bone!!

OMG HAHAHA!!

Yeah that happens to me too. Just the other day, I bought a newspaper from a homeless man on the street median. I gave him 2 extra dollars for the troubles, and what do I get... "gracias" DANG IT I DONT SPEAK SPANISH!! next time say xhi xhi ni! (j/k)

but I can shave and still look older.... go me!
:p

Seeker of Truth
03-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Thanx for the heads up Mantismag:cool:

I am a halfie too, and from what i have read in this thread there seem to be some similarities to the Asian community over there as there are here in UK.

Interesting tho over here Asian population group is defined as Indian and Pakistani people. Chinese, Vietnamese and other similar groups are "defined" as Oriental.

I see myself as more chinese tho just through conditioning from living in Uk.

FutureMagOwner
03-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by EMAGfanatic

i wonder where you get one of them hats they do look kinda cool. anyway my aunt is asian somehow(blood relation too) however im german russian irish and a little itallian(another aunt who is blood related is itallian its weird)

graycie
03-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Seeker of Truth
Interesting tho over here Asian population group is defined as Indian and Pakistani people. Chinese, Vietnamese and other similar groups are "defined" as Oriental.

Usually on forms that have a selection of what ethinc background the choice is "Asian/Pacific Islander"

MantisMag
03-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner

i wonder where you get one of them hats they do look kinda cool.

gift shops in chinatown.

Fanatic
03-08-2003, 11:31 PM
ok this is just getting out of hand...

as i posted before i am living temporarily in TN.
and as posted before, the problems with mistaken identity..

well lets just top that shall we..

as any asian would know...when your out of soy sauce...you cant cook diddly squat..

i went to a local asian food mart and purchased my fav silver swan brand..got to the counter and to my surprise..i hear "dos dollars and diez cents!!!" coming from a fairly oriental fellow

i looked back at asked if he was kidding

what the hell!! we cant even tell the difference from our own kind!!

AHHH!!

MantisMag
03-09-2003, 03:14 PM
i've been asked if i was korean, by a korean. i've been asked if i was vietnamese, fillipino, even spanish one time by a vietnamese guy :rolleyes:.

yup got the same problem. and mexican guys always ask me if i speak spanish while i'm working. but i work in retail so i thought they just did that to everybody. think it's because i'm asian and asian looks like spanish?