PDA

View Full Version : Switchin' to the Goofy Side

Cyberious
03-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Here is a little advice and story for all of you AO'ers. I've been having some soreness in my right hand and arm on a daily basis. It is due to work but I figured maybe it was because I had strained it somehow. For those who don't know I am a Computer Virus Researcher so I spend somewhere around 10 hours a day on a Computer. Anyway, I was doing some work on one of my other markers (a Dark Angel) and decided to do a test. Since the Angel has a ROF counter I first fired it Right handed and came up with 8bps. I switched to the Left and came up with 14bps (walking the trigger). Now being ambedextrous but favoring the right side I would have expected it to be the opposite. What I came to realize was that the nagging stiffness in my right arm was because of the early stages carpal tunnel and that I had better start rehabilitating it. So I've taken the Warp off my X-Mag and am using it with a Halo and the vertical feed module for the time being left handed. I am currently doing some exercises to try and strengthen back up my right arm so hopefully by Shatnerball I will be back at Warp speed.

For those of you who work on computers like I do please take note that you should try and take a break as often as possible throughout the day and try to do some stretching exercises to make sure that you don't have the same problems.

Of course if it doesn't work I can always buy a Warp Right module (thank goodness for the superior design of the X-Mag). I have to admit though it feels a bit wierd having that big blob sitting on top of my marker. I have had a Warp feed since the first 100 of them came out so I've really become accustomed to warp style play.