PDA

View Full Version : EMR, "Twin Towers" and Tom Kaye

MXS
03-05-2003, 12:20 AM
The registrations for the highly anticipated sequel to the MXS "Ring of Fellowship" event of 2002 - this year named "Twin Towers" - is seeing the best scenario teams and players across the country taking sides in an
unofficial challenge match, as the forces of Middle Earth (the Northern teams) defend against the Orcish hordes (teams from the South and West).

The host field for the May 23-25 scenario event - EMR Paintball Paintball Park in New Milford, PA - is also the location of the International Paintball Museum, a privately funded establishment dedicated to preserving the history of our sport. Home of the annual "Castle Conquest," the "Quest for the Holy Grail,"two PMI-sponsored MXS events a year - and new in 2003: SPPLAT Attack II - EMR has announced that Tom Kaye of AirGun Designs will be unveiling his AGD exhibit in the museum at the conclusion of the "Twin Towers" event.

Thousands of players walk through the two-story museum annually, seeing for the first time how the sport of paintball began, what gear was used, and how players and manufacturers have adapted over the years in a young, growing industry. The AGD exhibit will feature the history of the Automag, one of the most widely used paintball markers in the sport. Fans of the Automag in all its forms maintain an active online forum at www.automags.org.

Tom Kaye recently portrayed the Borg commander in the inaugural William Shatner SPPLAT Attack, featured on video and DVD, leading 400 players against Shatner and radio personality Eric "Mancow" Mueller in the charity event at Challenge Park Xtreme. Kaye will also be participating in the Memorial Day weekend "Twin Towers" scenario event, taking the role of Sauron, the Dark Lord.

The "Twin Towers" event at EMR will feature a Friday night Players' Party in the field's rec center; a Scenario News sponsored costume contest; an Armotech Zeus Top Gun One-On-One competition; industry personalities; vendors; the MXS 26-hour scenario event; awards presentation and the unveiling of the AGD exhibit in the International Paintball Museum. Food, music, camping, bonfires, fireworks, lawn games and more are always a part of the EMR experience. Camping and bunkhouse lodging are free, however the bunkhouses are filling up and assigned on a first-prepaid, first-get basis.

The pre-registration deadline for the event is May 7 with an admission fee of $50; after the deadline and day of the event will be $60 admission. PMI event paint will be $80 per case. Registration forms for the event can be found on the EMR website at www.emrpaintball.com, the Mackz Xtreme Sportz website at www.mxsportz.com, or players may call EMR to reserve their spot at 570-465-9622.

Mackz Xtreme Sportz is supported by PMI and 30 industry sponsors, producing a nationwide series of 26-hour paintball scenario events. The staff is APL and PTI certified, adhering to the General Scenario Rules of
Play for safe, sane, family entertainment. For more information, visit the website at www.mxsportz.com.

AGD
05-19-2003, 11:17 PM
Ok so who is going to be there??

AGD

Army
05-19-2003, 11:22 PM
Why oh why do all the really cool scenarios and big games HAVE to be on the east coast? AAARRGH!

:)

Evil Bob
05-19-2003, 11:33 PM
That's because they have to make up for the crappy weather during those East Coast winters, unlike here in California, where it's a balmy 70 degrees year round and you can play paintball in December in shorts :)

-Evil Bob

rikkter
05-20-2003, 04:46 AM
me and 3 others are coming from florida to play this. woo. leaving this fridayy

zeke1975
05-20-2003, 07:06 AM
I'll be there! Me and two friends! been getting psyched all week!

See you there Tom!

bsolomon
05-20-2003, 01:52 PM
and about a dozen from my team, Dead by Dawn.

Medusa RTD
05-20-2003, 07:21 PM
I'll be there.

It will be nice to see the Dead By Dawn guys again. Last time we saw you guys was CPX last year.

Gitaroo Man
05-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Army
Why oh why do all the really cool scenarios and big games HAVE to be on the east coast? AAARRGH!

:)

are we EVER going to have a really cool scenario here?

SHAG
05-22-2003, 04:40 PM
hi,

Not going. The last time I checked the weather, the forcast was for Rain and wind on Sat and showers on Sunday. Then Monday more rain. Tuesday and wednesday for even more rain!

I am not a big fan of the rain. If it was going to be nice, i was going to be there. But for me, playing in the rain sucks unless it is 85 degrees out and that is a shower to take off some of the heat in the air.

Sorry Tom....

Later,
Alan

lazebum
05-22-2003, 06:34 PM
me and my team will be their and im the only one not shooting a cocker! i love my mag
theirs about 6 of us!