PDA

View Full Version : Air suupply questions

Cappin_ChroniC
03-05-2003, 03:41 AM
Hey whats up all... I am a proud new owner of an emag :) and now am faced with the decision of what kind of air setup to buy... I have heard nothing but good about the flatline, but what makes it different or better than any of the other adjustable bottles out there , like the PE 68/5000 tank, or the java or the dye tank... these are the tanks that I have been looking at and was wondering what the best one is... also whats up with the crossfire stubby tanks??? Oh and can any or all of these tanks be used with a remote setup, and could I switch back and forth between remote and a normal setup, with the same tank???
thanx in advace guys

cgrieves
03-05-2003, 07:40 AM
Congrats on the Emag :)

I've just gone through the conversion to Air and had the same questions. In the end I went with a 1.5L (92 Cubic Inch) 4500 psi tank, although my reg is only a 3000 psi one. Personally in terms of tanks I wouldn't go smaller than that as a lot of sites can only supply 3000psi fills, and with my setup (Classic Mag, Emag valve) that gives you about a 1000 shots between 3000psi and 900psi. Obviously I can still get shots below 900psi but I would then start losing the reactivity of the trigger. In terms of what reg to buy, the main differences seems to be ease of turning on/off, the options as to what gauges you can fit, and the range of output adjustment. I have heard the flatline's on/off is very easy to operate, and that's a bonus particularly if you're going to run at 4500 psi.

I originally wanted a remote setup but the tanks are pretty wide and restrictive- particularly since the reg would also be there- and also I'm not sure I like the thought of 4500 psi sitting within inches of my spine (I know I know, it'll never happen, but I just don't like the thought!). Also I found with a basic drop forward the tank and reg make a nice tight package for shouldering the gun. The weight is significant but not excessive- I guess with the Emag you'll be looking at a few pounds less than my setup.

Noxlupus
03-05-2003, 09:42 AM
Actually, I have a flatline and to tell you the truth I'm very happy with it.

I have the 68/4500 tank. Yes the flatline's on/off is very easy to operate. I love the way I can easily regulate the psi going into my gun with it as well as being able to accurately determine how much air/n2 I have left in the tank. Using this information I'm able to determine how much air I avg. during a game and thus better determine if I need to refill before the next game.

I've never been in a spot where I've ran out of air during a game since I bought the flatline.

My only regret is not waiting for the 88/4500 flatline.

mykroft
03-05-2003, 01:13 PM
The flatline's light, adjustable and one of the more consistent single reg designs.

For an E-Mag, a single reg adgustable, or a preset is fine.

For a Single reg adjustable, I'd reccomend the Flatline, Dynaflow, Armageddon, Conquest or WGP systems. Don't get the Angel AIR, it's overpriced and quite unreliable.

For a Preset, Crossfire or PMI are the best.

On an E-Mag, the only thing an adjustable gives you is adjustable reactivity while in manual and hybrid modes.

toymyster
03-05-2003, 02:40 PM
For the E-mag, you have a choice of several tanks, the most obvious of which is of course, the Flatline!! I have a Centerflag Hyperflow 68/4500 and absolutely love it!!

Cappin_ChroniC
03-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Thanx for the input guys but I still have a few more questions...
1. With an emag is there really a need for an adjustable setup or would a high output preset work just fine...

2. what (if anything) do I need to switch back and forth between a remote air setup and a standard setup??? I guess what I'm askin is do I need 2 diff. tanks or just diff connections..

thanx again

Noxlupus
03-05-2003, 05:01 PM
With the EMag you don't really need the adjustable setup from the flatline. However, it is a regulater which means it regulates the air pressure into the gun (which is never a bad thing).

Also, knowing how much preasure you have going into your gun is always a very good thing, but more importantly how much air you have left. Remember, once your out of air, your out of the game.

But again, you really don't need the capability of adjusting the preasure if it's constant or preset.

If you want to setup your EMag to use remote air, you'll need, obviouslly a remote that'll withstand the preasure going into your gun (~800 psi).

I guess you could put a Quick Disconnent to your gun so you can run the remote line directlly into your EMag or a smaller line from your gun to your tank. If you do this, I would suggest putting a 90 or 45 bend on your gun and then a Male Quick Disconnent. Then getting a line from your Tank (Can also be QD also) to your EMag. That way you can quickly disconnet the tank and go with the remote dirrectly to the EMag.

So, to sum that up, a bend from your gun with a male disconnect. A line long enough to run from your tank to your QD on your gun as well as having your Remote.

In this setup, I would really suggest having some type of regulator.

Cappin_ChroniC
03-05-2003, 05:30 PM
thanx noxlupus... so could I use the flatline for what I want to do, and if so would this also take care of the reg problem... I found a remote line that says it can hold 2000psi of pressure, its made of kevlar coiled hose... I figured that iit would be more than sufficient for what I need, only if I can remember what site I saw it on.... lol.... to much web surfin....lol

Noxlupus
03-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Yeah, you could use the flatline for what you want to use. In fact I would suggest you do use the flatline or something similar to it with a regulator. Last thing you want to do is have that remote line bust on you due to a spike or some sort from your tank.

Just set the flatline to produce ~800 psi output and your set.

Oh... and anytime :) Enjoy your EMag, I know I totally love mine!

Nobody077
03-05-2003, 06:13 PM
All Nitro tanks are regulated, The preset tanks are regulated, you just cant change there pressure. If you want to switch between remote and on gun setups regularly you may want a pre-set screw in type tank, with a good screw in style drop. This will let you attach the tank for on gun use and give a good place to attach your remote line when used. If you pick a Non screw-in tank you will need to remove the drop and tank to run remote, so It wont be a quick switch from on gun to remote use. As for the remote line dont pick the micro-line type coiled remotes they will restrict air flow and cause shootdown, The line you talked about(2000psi kevlar) should be fine if the i.d. is close to the same size or bigger than SS line, and the 2000psi is its working pressure, if the 2k is its burst pressure than I would recomend looking for something with a higher rateing (2000-3000 working, 4500+ burst). Good Luck:)

Cappin_ChroniC
03-05-2003, 09:35 PM
thanx u guys... I really appreciate the help... Oh and since I'm new here and all, I would just like to say that this forum roxx, I dont see all of the biased answers like on other forums.... oh ya I have an interesting idea for a warp feed too, check my other post lemme know what you guys think

thanx again for all the help

you guys rock ;)

Cappin_ChroniC
03-07-2003, 05:45 PM
decided to go with the 88/4500 flatline... should be here sum time next week...

how do you end a post???

no need for this 1 ne more

Nobody077
03-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Good choice I know you will like your new flatline. If you want to delete the thread just click on the "Edit Post" buton on the bottom of one of your postes and select Delete Post"