PDA

View Full Version : Truck tuneup...

rhetor22
03-05-2003, 07:19 AM
this thing is warn to crap!

http://cstrikesucks.homestead.com/files/Picture_028.jpg

I helped my dad renovate a bathroom, complete rush job cuz it was up in Mass. and we only had the weekend, so he said he'd buy the parts for a tuneup. Little did he know... hehehe

So he went out with my shopping list and got me the following:

Motorcraft:

sparks (actually they might be ngk... i forget)
wires
rotor
cap
pcv

fram oil filter and fuel filter
a case of penzoil
and a k&n replacement filter which is coming in today.

Well the sparks that were in there were horribly ugly. They're pasty white (the 300 really does run lean) and almost half the electrode is just gone. The electrodes come to points and about half of them are actually bent up at the top. One has a ground that is missing about 4-6mm from the tip, i'm suprized it even made any spark.

Well now when i'm idling in nuetral, and i give it a little tap on the gas peddle, it goes from 700rpm, to about 2000rpm. It used to go from 700rpm to 500rpm, then to 2000rpm

It can also go above 3000rpm without vibrating as much. Sounds a real lot cleaner too. This thing needed a tuneup bad...

I'm hopin to get another 2mpg out of her, cuz it cost me $54 to fill the tanks a few days ago, and i came to the station with 1/4 in my rear tank. I also won't have to go pedal to the medal all the time now

Damn plastic oil pan had a crack in it so i got a big pool of oil all over the driveway too.

Anywho, these plugs look like they've gone a good 30,000 miles to me. The engine runs clean, but it does run a bit lean from factory cuz I love the enviornment :rolleyes: How many miles you guys think are on these? And the pic makes them look not so bad. You can't see the massive corosion and pits in the thing. They were completely rusted in. I'm glad my engine is solid cast iron, cuz if it were alluminum the threads woulda ripped right out.