PDA

View Full Version : how to upgrade my automag

SPECIAL_K_06
03-05-2003, 09:18 AM
i was wondering what i could all do to my mag? its just a basic TKO automag classic

SkElL~ObIsSiS
03-05-2003, 09:32 AM
Get an inteliframe, 10" freak, warp, 12v revy with an x-board and a new paddle. Some kind of fore grip (i like smart part's one.) Polish the grey coat so its a shiney chrome. Get a nice drop and a high flow tank, flatline, maxflow, nitro duck ext. Oh and of course a level 10, if ya want some more valve stuff get a retro valve or you can buy an x-valve......I think that's about the best stuff to upgrade a mag with....

I more or less just describled my old mag, minus the warp, freak, and LX. I had a benchmark opposed to the intelliframe, but I definately should have gotten the inteliframe.

Koosh
03-05-2003, 09:35 AM
#1 Welcome to AO!

#2 There are a lot of things you can do to your mag... First tell us your exact setup. If your still using co2, I'd reccomend conversion to nitrogen first, otherwise take steps to prevent liquid in the valve.

What do you like least about the mag? Trigger pull? Then buy a new trigger frame, the Intelliframe being one of the best. Chopping? Get a level 10 kit, or an X-valve if you want no chopping and a faster rate of fire. Cosmetically? Well there have been alot of new body's come up here lately, look into one of those. Don't like that hopper as a big target? Try out a warp feed. Some people don't like them, others love them, so I would reccomend trying one out first.

Really it just involves changing the things you don't like on it... Don't upgrade just for the sake of upgrading, try to fix somethings that annoy's you, or change something that keeps your gun from being 100%.

SPECIAL_K_06
03-05-2003, 09:44 AM
well all it has is a basic barrel tko macro line and a classic feed everything else is stock

SkElL~ObIsSiS
03-05-2003, 09:52 AM
If it's classic, standard feed, sell it right now an buy a powerfeed mag

digitard
03-05-2003, 09:57 AM
I dont believe TKO's came in classic feed, I thought they were all powerfeed.

But in my "opinion" ... I'd say drop an Intelliframe and Xvalve on there.

Do you run HPA? If so great, if not get a preset tank... HPA alone is a great upgrade!

If you wanna go further then it depends on what position you play.

If you are a front player, or you move around A LOT then maybe a No-Rise body and Halo B! ...

If you wanna be concealed and lower your profile then maybe a Warp and an agitated hopper (12V Revvy, Halo, Rico, etc).

If your body <B>IS</b> a standard feed (non-powerfeed old body) then definitally go powerfeed or no-rise

Sincerely,
Dave K

SPECIAL_K_06
03-05-2003, 10:25 AM
its classic feed but i am used to shooting classic because i had a prolite before. but what is the new slug body for?

Dayspring
03-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Slug Body is an aluminum body that's cut for cocker threads, angel ball feed & detent. It was designed with extra "meat" on the body to allow for some neat mill work as well as coloring.

SPECIAL_K_06
03-05-2003, 10:38 AM
two things, is it possible to have a trigger job somewhat like a elctro and is the slug body a worthy investment

Koosh
03-05-2003, 10:44 AM
They do make electric trigger frames for mags... plus it was rumored that Tom was working on an ultra-light mechanical trigger, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that. The trigger will be pretty stiff. You can buy a Benchmark frame to lightent the trigger, but then you have to pull it twice as far! Most people agree that the Intelliframe is the best mechanical trigger frame out there.

The slug body is only worth it if you have the tools to mill it yourself. If you want a different body for the mag, check out the Dealers Forum. A couple people there have milled their own bodies from the slugs, so that would be the best shot. I personally don't like standard feed, but You can get away with it as long as you don't fire very fast and/or buy a level 10 kit to prevent the chopping you'll encounter with the blowback.

shartley
03-05-2003, 10:45 AM
Trigger job? These are not Spyders (although Spyders are great for their price).

Get an IntelliFrame if you want a “trigger job”. It will let you control your reactiveness and overall feel by adjusting your input pressure. “Trigger job” on the fly. ;)

SPECIAL_K_06
03-05-2003, 10:51 AM
are the electric grip frames any good on a mag like the boo-ya or the hyper frame

Kevmag
03-05-2003, 11:00 AM
I'd say HPA first, then L10. Don't mess with your trigger, no good can come from it. Instead, either pick up a Intelliframe or better yet save your money and wait to see what new products come out (Y grip and another new frame).

Cryer
03-05-2003, 11:00 AM
I've heard that they work ok, but they both void the warranty because they put alot of stress on the bolt and scratch it up...

SPECIAL_K_06
03-05-2003, 11:03 AM
ok thanks