PDA

View Full Version : galcticz z-body... whats the deal with it???

Cappin_ChroniC
03-05-2003, 04:47 PM
I attatched a link to there website... http://www.galacticz.com/

so does this thing really work or is it just another gimick to get peeps to spend a lot of money on pointless stuff?? If anyone has used it I would like to hear thier opinions about it, or if anyone has more info or just opinions, I'd be glad to hear them..

Dayspring
03-05-2003, 04:55 PM
I have LOTS of opinions. :D
Just none on the Z Body. ;)

(Try running a search here on AO for Glactic Z Body. You'd be surprised what you find.)

Originally posted by Cappin_ChroniC
I attatched a link to there website... http://www.galacticz.com/

so does this thing really work or is it just another gimick to get peeps to spend a lot of money on pointless stuff?? If anyone has used it I would like to hear thier opinions about it, or if anyone has more info or just opinions, I'd be glad to hear them..

Quackman71
03-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Check out Ravi's opinon....although i really havent seen too many bad product reveiws there.http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/GalacticSystems/Galactic.html
I actually own a Z-body and it works great, but i lost the screw to make the spin action happen, when i had it on awhile ago it worked well, i didn't do any test of sort but it seemed to make the ball fly a flat trejectroy.

joeyjoe367
03-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Yes, It works and it works well. Anyone who says otherwise probably hasn't used one before or if they did use one, it wasn't set up correctly.

I had one for a few months and I actually plan on making another project Z-body 'mag.

It does, in fact, give you more range and flatter tradjectory. You need brittle, round paint in order for it to work well so that means LVL 10 Kit, longest spring, and some some RP Advantage shell paints.

The paint/barrel fit also is differant for a Z-body than a normal 'mag. You have to be able to drop the ball thru the barrel and have the ball slide thru without too much effort. For the most part, .695 and above will work well. Some paints can get real small, so bore sizes as small as .691 can work. If you've got a barrel kit, just keep going up sizes until it works the way you want it to.

hehe, I'm imagining a lvl-10 RT'ed Z-body hyperframe 'mag.. maybe a warp feed. That sounds like fun :)

Meph
03-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Actually, a nice 'trick' is to break a couple paintballs inside the barrel as well. This will get it very slick inside, giving the ball a lot of help for the backspin.

As for how it works.... it does. I just don't know if it warrants the cost, and lack of a real warranty to back it.

joeyjoe367
03-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Ummm... No... Don't break balls in your barrel...

If breaking balls in your barrel is HELPING your performance, then your paint/barrel fit is too tight, and you need a bigger bore.

If you get paint on the skid-pad, sometimes that'll cause loss of backspin too.

maginator
03-05-2003, 10:47 PM
warpig.com has a very good and equal test of this body.