PDA

View Full Version : Mag Frames?

GhillieGuy
03-05-2003, 05:24 PM
What in your opinion is the fastest, most reliable trigger frame for the classic mag?

ChucktheMAGician
03-05-2003, 09:16 PM
I'd say hyper, boo-yaah for me, for fastest on your list, and intelli for most reliable. Put a x-valve and adjustable nitro on the gun and the intelli is the fastest and most reliable! :)

WicKeD_WaYz
03-06-2003, 02:08 AM
intelli

GhillieGuy
03-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Just curious, why does everyone like the intelli? I mean it's a great frame and all, but iv'e never had any probs with my hyperframe and it shoots fast.

ChucktheMAGician
03-06-2003, 08:52 PM
I like the intelli because it's not electonic, making it a little lighter and not battery dependent, I'm not sure how much hyperframes cost but it's probably more than an intelli. My Boo-yaah works great too but I think I would chose my intelli if I could only keep one.

Jaymz
03-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by GhillieGuy
Just curious, why does everyone like the intelli? I mean it's a great frame and all, but iv'e never had any probs with my hyperframe and it shoots fast.

Because:
A) You wont go broke buying it
B) Its the shortest mechanical trigger pull
C) Its just plain sexy
D) who needs to shoot faster than a intelli w/ x-valve can?

Mickster
03-10-2003, 05:38 AM
Just gettin one fitted at the moment and hopefully it will rip so YaY :D Does it shorternt the trigger pull that much?
That considerable from the stock single trigger frame that i have at the moment?

Also curious as to what kinda of rate of rire you are realistically goin to get out of the Boo-Yah frame? How short the trigger pull is on it? Who stocks them? (in the uk would be nice) and what kind of price do they go for?

Cheers

Mike:confused:

ChucktheMAGician
03-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Just gettin one fitted at the moment and hopefully it will rip so YaY :D Does it shorternt the trigger pull that much? That considerable from the stock single trigger frame that i have at the moment?
Mike:confused:
I've used a Benchmark but never a stock mag frame and the intelli's are alot smoother. Not sure if it actually shortens the pull but it sure makes it feel better.

Originally posted by Mickster
Also curious as to what kinda of rate of rire you are realistically goin to get out of the Boo-Yah frame? How short the trigger pull is on it? Who stocks them? (in the uk would be nice) and what kind of price do they go for?
Check this thread for more Boo-yaah info, http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60547 I think the fastest they can shoot is 16bps, mine is disassembled so I can't turn it on to check. The trigger pull can be abjusted so it's basically resting on the micro switch, so like a mouse click. They aren't being made anymore but you may be able to find a used one here or on ebay. I would think they would go for around $80, but not to sure, I got mine a few years ago.
:)

GhillieGuy
03-10-2003, 11:42 PM
I just receved my Hyperframe back from centerflag from instaling the full auto board. It can shoot 20 bps on full auto, and burst (or semi if you can pull the trigger that fast!) Iv'e heard that the hyper is more reliable than the booyaa but i can be wrong.

GT
03-12-2003, 10:10 PM
I had boo yah and it never worked right

Hyperframe is sweet but

BENCHY OWNS ME!!!

GhillieGuy
03-14-2003, 09:35 PM
How many people have hypers and level 10's?

PzYcO
03-15-2003, 12:04 PM
hyper shooting 20bps on a classic valve? you must be crazy, the last ball on that 20bps must roll out the barrel and plop right in front of your feet! :)

GhillieGuy
03-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Actually verry surprisingly it doesn't.. I thought i would have to get a retro valve but i dont!

cgrieves
03-15-2003, 02:08 PM
Yeah that's one of the myths about 'Mags in my opinion- everyone thinks the classic AIR valves are incapable of firing at high rates.

I've fired a classic Mag with autoresponse trigger over a chronograph and even at insane rates of fire it only dropped 10fps, and that was with CO2. Sure, you get drop off at high rates, but it's not like the gun loses the ability to fire paintballs at useful velocity...

When warpig first tested the Hyperframe they used a classic AIR valve and had no problems firing at 20bps.

felony
03-17-2003, 12:19 AM
Though I don't think it will be a frame, I have heard that AGD is coming out with a shorter mechanical trigger pull. This would be phenomenal..

Dan

paintposse
03-20-2003, 10:58 PM
does the intelli come with a new sear?

pbzmag
03-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by GhillieGuy
How many people have hypers and level 10's?

I tried to use my HF and LX. It worked for just a few times. After much tinkering, I bought an intelli. I also bought a used Retro Valve and put a classic w/HF with the spare parts I had. Now I have two mags!

cgrieves
03-22-2003, 03:25 PM
So just to confirm, you had problems with the Hyperframe and Level 10 on a classic AIR valve, but your Hyperframe works fine with a Retro Valve and Level 10???

I have a Hyperframe arriving soon hopefully, and luckily just upgraded to a retro valve.

I also bought a Benchmark double trigger as a stopgap, and after doing a search on Benchy's had feared the worst. Luckily I was wrong- the pull is great, and with the Retro Valve the kickback makes the length of trigger pull irrelevant. I also put a washer under the frame screw, and the edge of it shims out the front of the trigger to eliminate any axtra slop. Easy to do and after adjusting the trigger rod length -which is easy to do with the benchmark without removing the frame- it works nicely.

I also tried threading a hole behind the trigger to insert a screw as a trigger stop- not really required for a Retro setup due to the reactiveness of the trigger, but probably worth it for use with a classic valve. Unfortunately the thread tap broke off in the hole :mad:

pbzmag
03-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by cgrieves
So just to confirm, you had problems with the Hyperframe and Level 10 on a classic AIR valve, but your Hyperframe works fine with a Retro Valve and Level 10???

I haven't tried with the retro yet. My batteries were low to test out. I'm going to test them when I get new ones. I'll probably get some 9.6v instead and try that. Right now my HF is with the lvl7 classic.

sniper1rfa
03-22-2003, 05:01 PM
cgrieves broke a tap!!!! AAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

just kidding, happens to most. Personally, i've never done it, but many have.

cgrieves
03-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Yeah, was really annoying too- I was being really really careful and backing it right out after every quarter turn, but the damn thing still broke off (and didn't leave enough of a stump to remove it)

I was about to say it was a bad tap, but then I remembered a bad workman blames his tools ;)

sniper1rfa
03-22-2003, 05:49 PM
actually, as long as your backing out to break the chip, it shouldnt break. i usually do like 1-1/5 in, 1/2 out.

my favorite taps are the helicoil ones. just ram'em through and they dont even blink (thank god.. ;) ). same type is used in CNC work, last i checked.

Taps are something you cant skimp on, they have to be really nice or they will be nothing but a problem.