PDA

View Full Version : New Style Mags

Wierd-Guy
03-05-2003, 05:40 PM
I heard they will be made of alluminum and cocker threaded. Any other information floating around?

shartley
03-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Yes.

(WHAT!?!?! I did answer his question! ;))

cphilip
03-05-2003, 05:52 PM
...and without one mentions what so ever of the search feature too! :D

Welcome to AO and yes there are several versions of Mags that use cocker barrels and are aluminum bodies. Search for ULE. Sluggo and X mag. Try all three of those in your search criteria then pop some corn and grab a few Pepsi's and sit back and read for hours!

shartley
03-05-2003, 05:53 PM
:D HeeHee

cphilip
03-05-2003, 05:59 PM
You was just gving me a Freebee! :)

WARPED1
03-05-2003, 06:23 PM
PTP Micromags use cocker barrels too.

FESTUS33
03-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Also
Deadlywind's Chord
PBX
Xtreme Depot
FSE-LX:D
{Plug Plug Plug Plug;) }

FalconGuy016
03-05-2003, 07:59 PM
sigh... why cocker? :) takes a year to get out

now, m98 threads, thats what im talkin about!! (and you cant strip them either!)

AGD
03-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Tom faints at a one word Shartley post...............

SHAZAM-AGD
03-05-2003, 11:50 PM
yes tom I vote for a 98 thread as well...

FooTemps
03-06-2003, 12:27 AM
my god!!! A ONE WORD SHARTLEY POST!!! WTF!?!?!?

oh wait, nevermind... I think that's a pig with wings right next to my skylight...

shartley
03-06-2003, 06:38 AM
HeeHee… I like to keep folks on their toes. :D

(But it is actually a 7 word post. It is a one word answer.
:p ;))

nuclear zombie
03-06-2003, 07:25 AM
m98 threads ? what ! even tippman didn't stay with the m98 threads on their new gun . Why ? because fine threads provide a stonger connection , and with your Level X and a good paint to barrel match you really shouldn't have to remove your barrel during the game .

Not to mention everyone makes an autococker barrel.

luke
03-06-2003, 07:46 AM
Http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63831

Http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66147

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66006

shartley
03-06-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by luke
Here's a start, some times we forget our manners >>> :)
Manners? LOL Nah.. just having a little fun, and it hurt no one.

His question was also answered and no one was rude to him.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. ;)

I think I have assisted enough people in finding the answers to their questions as well as finding them FOR them to be granted a little fun now and again (as well as Phil)... don't you think? ;)

Nope... it had NOTHING to do with manners.

luke
03-06-2003, 08:12 AM
I know (>>>;))
Just thought I would give him a link to look at. ;) :D

shartley
03-06-2003, 08:14 AM
:D

luke
03-06-2003, 08:20 AM
;)

I think we could have a conversation with nothing but smilies! :cool:

shartley
03-06-2003, 08:23 AM
:eek: :cool:

-=Squid=-
03-06-2003, 08:30 AM
I guess im a little lost, ULE bodies are aluminum? Is it going to replace 68 classics? Because I was thinking of buying a black 68 classic for a backup, but will it be replaced with an aluminum body??? :eek:

JEDI
03-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by SHAZAM-AGD
yes tom I vote for a 98 thread as well...
In my opinion, M98 threads are like velcro on sneakers. Sure it works well, but unless you're in the 5th grade, you'd rather have the real thing. Plus, I think the M98 threads are taller, causing you to need more meat around them. Cocker threaded guns, or guns with smaller threads, can have less mass around the thread area.

And...Plus plus, Tippmann is soooo rec-ball. Yechh! Patooie!:rolleyes: :D ;)

Archangel Damien
03-06-2003, 09:31 AM
RecBall RULZ:D

shartley
03-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by JEDI
And...Plus plus, Tippmann is soooo rec-ball. Yechh! Patooie!:rolleyes: :D ;)
LOL Yup they are. But that being said, that is the MAJORITY of paintball play. It always has been, and will continue to be... it is the backbone of the paintball industry. :D

Don’t get me wrong… ALL paintball is GREAT paintball… but I find it funny that some people want to look down their noses at Rec Ball, when that is what paintball was started as, and like I said, continues to be the largest portion of paintball play… by a HUGE margin.

And sorry folks, if you play at an organized field and have fancy uniforms, and play on the same “type” of fields that “tourney play” is normally played on… and even have a “team”…. if it is not a “Tournament” that you are in, it is REC BALL. :D And you can have a “tournament” using woods fields and similar styles of fields as well. The only thing that separates Rec Play and Tourney Play is the venue and purpose of the actual game.

Too many people think that playing Sup Air, or Speed Ball means they are playing “tourney” ball…. LOL Sorry… you are a REC PLAYER TOO! Unless it IS a Tournament. :D

Welcome to the real world folks. :)

(Added Note: I am not making this post JUST to Jedi, but to the attitude.. joking or not.. that is far too often seen. I am also not upset. :))

JEDI
03-06-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by shartley

LOL Yup they are. But that being said, that is the MAJORITY of paintball play. It always has been, and will continue to be... it is the backbone of the paintball industry. :D

Don’t get me wrong… ALL paintball is GREAT paintball… but I find it funny that some people want to look down their noses at Rec Ball, when that is what paintball was started as, and like I said, continues to be the largest portion of paintball play… by a HUGE margin.

And sorry folks, if you play at an organized field and have fancy uniforms, and play on the same “type” of fields that “tourney play” is normally played on… and even have a “team”…. if it is not a “Tournament” that you are in, it is REC BALL. :D And you can have a “tournament” using woods fields and similar styles of fields as well. The only thing that separates Rec Play and Tourney Play is the venue and purpose of the actual game.

Too many people think that playing Sup Air, or Speed Ball means they are playing “tourney” ball…. LOL Sorry… you are a REC PLAYER TOO! Unless it IS a Tournament. :D

Welcome to the real world folks. :)

(Added Note: I am not making this post JUST to Jedi, but to the attitude.. joking or not.. that is far too often seen. I am also not upset. :))

Its all good, no offense taken...BUT... Its simply my opinion. Rec ball sucks,:D there I said it again. I agree the majority of paintball is rec ball, and yes, even I came from the woods not too long ago, but I wont go back any time soon. I sorta disagree that sup air is still rec ball. I like to think it's "tourney" style whether its a tournament or not. I'm not looking down on rec ball, I just dont respect it in the same manner as Tourney play. Sure, you can play touney ball in the woods, but I waste enough paint to begin with, I dont need tree branches wasting even more. But like you and I both said Shartley, I'm just happy to see any one playing paintball. Its just the thought of trying to stay tight with a four foot long Tippmann makes me cringe.

Me + AirBall @ SkyBall = Tournament Player

Xen
03-06-2003, 12:02 PM
jedi... team tippmann effect > you :o

JEDI
03-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Xen
jedi... team tippmann effect > you :o
Yeah, sure they are, but my markers are far better than theirs in my opinion. I'm not attacking any one here. I'm just firmly asserting my opinion. Why is it that every one's point of view is accepted...as long as majority agrees. I didnt single any one of you out. I love tourney ball. I put a lot of blood sweat and tears into it, not to mention time and money. Can we keep this friendly, and not just pretend to accept the differences.

(after thought)...Ya know what...crap, I'd put DeadCell up against Effect any day, and I garrantee they wouldnt "Max" us. Pro doesn't mean perfect. Especially with a Tippmann.:D :rolleyes:

Xen
03-06-2003, 01:11 PM
what do you use jedi? a mag ;)

As long as the tippmann is consistant and they either put an electro grip on it or get it firing fast it doesnt matter what marker it is....

Your just part of the MANY and GROWING groups of ignorant people on AO.

cphilip
03-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Starting to get to be a flamming contest here. Both of you are put on warning. Lets drop the name calling and concentrate on gettin Bin laden! :D

FESTUS33
03-06-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Lets drop the name calling and concentrate on gettin Bin laden! :D
ROTFLMAO:D :D :D

JEDI
03-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Xen
what do you use jedi? a mag ;)

As long as the tippmann is consistant and they either put an electro grip on it or get it firing fast it doesnt matter what marker it is....

Your just part of the MANY and GROWING groups of ignorant people on AO.
Fair enough Phil. I how ever, didnt call any one any names. I was sticking up for a sport I'm very passionate about. Xen you yourself became ignorance when you stooped to name calling. I have no interest in this tread any more. Phil I applaud you for doing your job well, but I hope you will go back throuh this thread and realize I've not directly attacked or called any one any names. Shartly and I were calmly discussing what we like about Paintball, until Xen stepped in and made it personal. This forum really turns me off sometimes.:(

FooTemps
03-06-2003, 06:04 PM
SHUSH YOU TWO BICKERING CHILDREN!!!

Threads = good, no threads = bad... It doesn't matter what kind of thread it is. Remember... HAVING THREADS IS GOOD!!! NOT HAVING THREADS IS BAD! That's all that matters, as long as you have threads on your barrel/screws/etc... it's all good.

Sup Air is still rec if you aren't practicing or participating in a tournament.

-=Squid=-
03-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Thank you for helping answer my question, oh nevermind, you were arguing over something pointless, thanks guys!