PDA

View Full Version : What would I have to do...

Bront
03-05-2003, 06:47 PM
Some of these new Suggo bodies look pretty sweet, but I've got one of the old Automag RTs. What would I have to do to put a sluggo on it? The suggos don't look like they go back far enough to need any milling for the banjo bolt, so would they just be able to be slapped on? Or would they not work because of how the valve attaches?

I'm curious, because I'd rather go with a sluggo body than stay with my PF and just get a cocker thread adapter.

Bront
03-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Anyone know? Is it just not posable? Please help me.

cphilip
03-06-2003, 09:04 AM
If I am not mistaken its the diameter of the valve itself on that RT. I would think the internal milling of the sluggo would have to be specific for that RT valve or it will not work at all. There may be other issues I am not thinking of but that one is the biggest obstical to over come. No you cannot just buy one of these and make it work is my understanding, It would have to be specificaly made for the RT. I am not saying it could NOT be done. I (with my limited knowledge of the specs on the RT valve) think it may be able to be done. And if it can then MAYBE if enough RT owners banded together and convinced Tom to make a small batch of Sluggo's for RT's. He would have to be caught up and consider it something worthwhile to do I would predict...

JEDI
03-06-2003, 09:08 AM
No offense man, but your thread title doesnt help when it comes to people responding. I'm pretty sure it states somewhere in the forum rules about clear thread topics. No one wants to browse through checking all the "What if..." threads.:D

askman
03-06-2003, 10:27 AM
I think they can probably be used with bottom banjo bolt hole enlarged. You will still have to use the rt body rail and valve though. The sluggo cad file and drawing is here, so compare it with RT body. See if there is difference. I don't have RT body to see what else is different

Bront
03-07-2003, 09:29 AM
I know very little about the dimentions of the RT Valve vs any other valve. Someone told me that the sluggo doesn't go back far enough even be in the way in regards to the banjo bolt, so the inside by the back may simply need widening for an RT.

If some shop is willing to work on it, I'd be willing to ship my RT out to them (Asuming they can get it done in a somewhat reasonable time frame).

askman
03-07-2003, 09:35 AM
You are right. The body does not go back far enough. That might make it easier to fit. The banjo bolt hole end up outside the body. Hmm, actually, as long as the body lines up with the body rail of the RT, it probably have a chance of working using some form of washer to keep he banjo bolt lined up. Too bad I just sold my RT. (picked up an Emag) hmm. anyboby else that can give dimensions?

Hexis
03-07-2003, 10:13 AM
I would bet you could make it work with a sleeve to bridge the gap between the valve and the body. Since it's pretty thin, you may have to make that out of SS. But it's been a while since I took apart a Classic RT, so there is a good possibility I'm just smoking crack. ;)