PDA

View Full Version : Slug Body, just a baby step.

sporty86
03-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Puttin out the slug body is a good step, a small step but a good one. I just want to know when the boyz in the lab are going to mate the body and rail together? That and a basic electro frame on the mag would sell. Oh yea a little milling and ano in house would be nice,it worked for Bud.

Jonesie
03-05-2003, 09:25 PM
:cough: X-Mag :cough: ;) Although I guess that's not technically 'In House'...

Later ~ Dave

sporty86
03-06-2003, 08:12 AM
Yea, all 4 of them. AGD needs to make the leap into the present. The attitude that "People dont want frill's" and " If it's not made by AGD you shouldnt put in on you'r gun" has kept them falling behind for the last few years.

Dayspring
03-06-2003, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't say that it has kept them behind. See, people want to customize their gun and spend $. AGD makes things that work the first time- i.e.- All AGD guns have an integrated Regulator whereas most other guns don't. That way, you don't HAVE to spend the $.

Yes, all AGD guns look pretty much the same. But keep in mind, AGD is an engineering company first and marketing second. Not the other way around like other companies. Most other companies don't have the exacting tolerances that AGD enforces for their equipment. I wouldn't say that it's a bad thing when people say "Use AGD stuff."

And if you haven't noticed, there are more "frills" in the current guns. Level 10, Slug bodies, X-Mag, Intelliframe, Warp Feed, Removeable Breeches, Pretty Colors, No-Rise bodies etc.

Meph
03-06-2003, 10:56 AM
I think that's one thing holding me back on my mag purchase. No aluminum bodies.
I don't mean the slug, I mean just straight from the factory bodies. Same look/size as the steel, only aluminum.

Dayspring
03-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Wait about 2 weeks. :)

sporty86
03-06-2003, 06:50 PM
The level 10 has it's problems. Check out the the LVL 10 problem thread with it's 474 posts and 16000 views. I jsut think that If they (AGD) come out with a Mag that has the body, cnc and faded or dusted, and the rail as one with the x-valve and a electro only fram with a front virt asa that AGD would be a contender again. Or make the x-treme mag so you have the option of manual back up or not. That way the people who dont want that morfadite foregrip dont have to have it.

Dayspring
03-06-2003, 07:07 PM
AGD IS a contender. They have come up with a product that is TOTALLY backward compatible and can eliminate chopping in several different ways. Does it require some tuning? Sure. Most gun upgrades do. I doubt alot of Autococker owners do their own upgrade work on the complex stuff... This is exactly the same way.

Now, on to your post- They have the X-Mag that covers most of this. (Yes, I know it's in preorder and we won't go there.) Why would you want a vert ASA? Not for a regulator. X-Valve & N2/HPA tank are the dual regs.

If you don't want the Electro feature, buy the RT Pro. Or take the battery pack off the gun if you don't want it on and run in manual.

What you don't realize is that alot of this has been talked about. There WILL be an Xtreme Upgrade body, but all those bodies are going towards the X-Mags right now. (Why sell a $300 body when you can get a $1400 gun?)

Electro grip? They are hit or miss. We hear lots of reports of them chewing up AGD parts. Sorry but no.

The X-Mag and to a lesser extent, the E-Mag are close to the perfect marker. Electro performance, manual backup on-gun, cocker threading (On X-Mag and on new Sluggo bodies), Level 10 goodness.

The only drawbacks are weight of the Emag (which was solved with the X-Mag & the evolution of ULE parts) & level 10 efficiency on air.

What MORE do you want?

PS- The Level 10 problem thread was used during Beta Testing and early release for a centralized data gathering/problem solving thread. People have problems during beta. Just the way it is. PLUS, Level 10 requires certain mechanical knowledge. If you don't have it, don't install it. Find someone who will.

Meph
03-06-2003, 09:13 PM
What more?

I want an electro. Not an electro and backup in one. I own almost 20 markers, I don't NEED another backup. I have a closet full of them.

With that, I would like an E-mag that is just electro. Cut out the junk and make a much more affordable e-mag. Here is what would be nice.

- RT valve (Or X-mag... it's only 3 ounces!).
- Aluminum body. No fancy milling to jack up the cost, just straight tube.
- Angel threaded verticle feed (maybe)
- Autococker threads
- Like E-mag, removable sight rail (I have no need for it, just useless weight in my book)
- And a "simple" E-grip. If Kingman can pump these out and have the proshops charge only 100 bucks each, I'm sure AGD can get them on there for 175
- Level 10 (optional... some may not want it, you never know these days)

What would that cost on the market? I'd have a rough guess that this type of E-mag... not E + mechanical-mag. $600. A light E-mag for a couple hundred less.

But it ain't happening. I'll wait and see what the future holds. Until then, I'm still in major decision on what my next electro is going to be. Deciding between E-mag, put a Race on my autococker, Matrix, or maybe even the Alien.

cgrieves
03-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Removing the mechanical facility from the Emag wouldn't save any money, weight or complexity whatsoever...due to the design of the valve the only bits of "junk" that contributes to the mechanical mode are the trigger rod and the selector cam.

That's more a testament to the enduring design of the mag than the sophistication of today's "electro only" markers: They got it right the first time all those years ago- all the subsequent models are really nothing more than subtle revisions.

Dayspring
03-07-2003, 10:08 AM
1) The X-Valve is NOT 3oz. It's 3oz LIGHTER than the ReTro Valve.
2) Aluminum body with angel feed neck & cocker threads- already on the way.
3) Putting an E-Grip on a ReTro/X-Valve equipped gun gets rid of the reactive kick. All you have left is the fast recharge. Personally, that's getting rid of one of the best things about the Valve.
4) Don't want Level 10? Don't buy an X-Valve. Or find a used ReTro valve. Level 10 technology is the way things are going.

cgrieves said it correctly- doing what you want removes all of about 1 part- the trigger rod.

And as for having the backup, I doubt that you have a backup gun on the field when the one you're playing with goes down. The Emag will fire with or without electronics on the field without skipping a beat.

Meph
03-07-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
1) The X-Valve is NOT 3oz. It's 3oz LIGHTER than the ReTro Valve.

I know, once I posted that I realized I forgot the word "lighter." But I'm too lazy to edit it and left it, figured I'll just let somebody correct me... much easier. Point was that a Retro valve is only 3 extra ounces, so no need for extra cash spent on the X-valve when the bulk of weight is elsewhere.

That's just it though for the RT valve. Personally, I'll take just the electronic pulse. If it'll shave off a few bucks, it's not like I can't walk the trigger fast enough any ways! All that I'd like from it is the extremely fast recharge so when I do shoot X-bps that I don't get shootdown. *especially with roller-trigger on e-mode*

Though I did watch that RT-pro video, and I wonder if that would hinder chronograph situations? Since they suggest holding the trigger down, load in a ball, then quickly fire one shot and hold the trigger again.

And my PGP does make a nice backup. Holsters are so much fun. Me no have to carry!