PDA

View Full Version : New lens for Proteus?

Kevmag
03-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Where's the best place (cheapest, in stock, quick shipping) to get replacement lens for the JT Proteus? I got couple of marks that look like round stress fractures... Getting gogged too often...

edited for clarification!

yeahthatsme
03-05-2003, 10:41 PM
where ever the best price is really... i mean all the major net stores (www.paintballgear.com www.888paintball.com www.paintball-online.com) all carry replacement lenses...

RobAGD
03-05-2003, 11:34 PM
You could also try Http://www.paintballoutlet.com Some of my buddies ahve used them and they had great service / pricing.

-Robert

Cliffio
03-05-2003, 11:54 PM
or you could support your local store (if you have one)

Kevmag
03-06-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio
or you could support your local store (if you have one)

I might just do that... Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of the only store in San Jose. Prices are expensive for everything but paint...

fire1811
03-06-2003, 08:48 AM
originally posted by Kevmag
I might just do that... Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of the only store in San Jose. Prices are expensive for everything but paint...

about the price of ur local store.
they might be more $$$ then online but dont forget to
add shipping to the online order. u never know it might only be a dollar or 2 and u will have them the same day

just a thought :D

Derman2k
03-06-2003, 09:21 AM
I got a chrome set from actionvillage with a case of paint...ordered it monday it came thursday...

shade23
03-06-2003, 09:29 AM
well if ya want my .o2 I would say try www.sakworldpaintball.com
they make some of the better deals on the net

Kevmag
03-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by fire1811

about the price of ur local store.
they might be more $$$ then online but dont forget to
add shipping to the online order. u never know it might only be a dollar or 2 and u will have them the same day

just a thought :D

I don't really need anything else so I can't bundle the lens to offset the shipping charges. The price will likely be a wash for buying online (shipping) vs at the store (sales tax). If the store can help me get it installed, I'll probably get it from them.

Thanks for the advice on the online stores.

Wc Keep
03-06-2003, 10:42 AM
installing the lense is simple. and if you visited your local store more often, even if its not to get stuff, the usually tend to get to know you better and drop the sales tax and sometimes the price too.

mrbrutal
03-06-2003, 11:24 AM
You could also try ebay. You might be able to get a good deal. I got 2 clear thermal lenses for $7 each and like $4 shipping for both

Kevmag
03-06-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Wc Keep
installing the lense is simple. and if you visited your local store more often, even if its not to get stuff, the usually tend to get to know you better and drop the sales tax and sometimes the price too.

The JT lens looks impossible to get out. I guess I got to get the replacement lens and read the instructions. Hopefully it is easier than it looks.

There are 2 stores in San Jose, owned by the same company. This company has held a monopoly on paintball in the area for some time and their prices reflect such. Prices for air are absolutely ridicules ($3/1000psi). I still have hope for them; their paint prices have come down recently as many people buy paint online or as field paint drops.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way. I'm not against the "small" shop owner. I have just not seen any value from this store to justify greatly inflated prices.

Derman2k
03-06-2003, 11:51 AM
The lense isn't that hard to install..just hurts the fingers a lot

FESTUS33
03-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Proteus use's the same lens as Spectra.
Too Remove Start at the Top center and work your way around too the nose.
Too Install new lens Start at the nose, and work your way back too top center.
Remember too peel one corner of the protective film, so you can get it out after the new lens is in place.
This is all alot easier if you take the frame out of the armour.
Rick :D