PDA

View Full Version : Quick disconnects

dv8withn8
03-06-2003, 03:10 AM
Anyone out there make a 90 degree male quick disconnect that i can leave attached to my valve and one on my flatline and simply disconnect the hose from the tank with a flick of the wrist rather that unscrewing it all the time? Or do I just keep the stock 90degree elbows attach a male quick disc. and attach the female quick disc. to the hose? So it would go like this:

Valve -> 90 degree elbow -> male quick -> female quick -> hose ->female quick -> male quick -> 90deg elbow -> Flatline

Am i getting this right. I'm pretty sure I am.I just want to make absolutley sure and i think a 90 deg male quick would cut out one more connection piece. Thanks for your help/reassurance.

jah871
03-06-2003, 06:37 AM
you could do it that way or you could just go vavle, male qd, female qd, hose, 90*, tank. you dont really need aa QD on both end but its up to you.

imahuron
03-06-2003, 02:49 PM
What you describe is very similar to what I've set up on my RT/flatline. I checked with a compressor service shop and they say no one makes a 90 degree nipple.

As jah mentioned, I don't think you'll want to put two QD on the gun. Having a hose permanently affixed to your flatline isn't going to hurt anything.

jweisman
03-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Here are some links to a couple pneumatics companies. I work for one that deals with miniature components but you may find some stuff you like.

www.beswick.com (they have double shut-off quick disconnects like you talked about)
www.parker.com
www.festo.com
www.smcworld.com
www.pneumadyne.com
www.clippard.com
www.swagelok.com

The one that specializes in quick disconnects would be www.rectus.de. they are a German manufacturer but have US distributors.