PDA

View Full Version : Foregrip screw

Jazzman
03-06-2003, 09:16 AM
Hey all-

Being the doofus that I am, I managed to strip out my KAPP foregrip. I only stripped out the first half of the threads, so I have two options. I can either re-tap the foregrip and use a larger screw, or I can find a longer foregrip screw. Where can I go about finding one? I've checked a few hardware stores, and while I can find the right size and length, the head is too large, and I can't fit the body backon. Any ideas?

xen_100
03-06-2003, 12:54 PM
well if you retap it, you will be in the same boat as the current screw. you will have a head that wont fit in the rail.

I would get this.......I am sure you can find something else to buy from AGD that will make it worth your while

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=286&CATID=6

one other option is. take the screw you have (The one that doesn't fit in the rail) and install it. then file/grind/cut the extra bit off the screw. there should still be enough head there to get it off again if you needed to.

imahuron
03-06-2003, 01:37 PM
You can retap to a larger size and then use a thread insert to shrink the tap back down. These are fairly easy to install and have the benefit of offering a harder thread material which won't strip. Find a business that specializes in fasteners and they should have everything you need.

If you drill deeper and then tap down deeper (allowing for a longer screw), you'll probably strip out again.