PDA

View Full Version : The Iowa thread!

RamboPreacher
03-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Anyone else live or play paintball in Iowa!?

beam
03-07-2003, 03:42 PM
*looks side-to-side* Whew! Noone's looking...I'm from Iowa.

I live in Waverly and play at the Powerstation in Waterloo mostly. Occassionally, I make it up to Ventura to the NorthIowaArms field.

I really want to get around the state and play some of the other fields. It's just really hard to motivate the guys I play with.

How 'bout you RP? What's your home field?

RamboPreacher
03-07-2003, 07:54 PM
I live in Norwalk, and mostly have been playing at Action Jacks (http://www.actionjackspaintball.com) . There is a closer field ACP, I believe is it's name that I will be trying out this spring though.

Sinistarr
03-08-2003, 01:28 AM
Hey folks,

I am originally form Dubuque,IA. Do I count?

I need to get back there with some time to play, not just drop and run.

G

Richter
03-08-2003, 07:24 PM
omaha here
not really Iowa but go about anywhere in iowa...especially if it is close to i-80
later
shane

old mag man
03-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Richter- you play at Husker?? I played there once and loved it. Always say I'll go back!

Rambo Preacher- Hope to play at ACP when you go! Shoot me a pm and I'll make sure to go. Want to see that new mag toy of yours!

Yes, I play in Iowa

RPK
03-08-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by beam
[B...I live in Waverly and play at the Powerstation in Waterloo mostly....[/B]

Isn't waverly right outside of Washington (IA)? My step sister lives in waverly - i think.... too many towns/cities that start with a W.

RPK

Danny77
03-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Im in Maquoketa IA. Half way between Dubuque and the QC.

Any players in the quad cities know whats goin on with totalpaintball? I havent been there since they moved from Bettendorf to eldridge, and there website no longer exists? If anyone knows information about it, please email me! dannyh_77@hotmail.com

Sinistarr
03-09-2003, 02:42 AM
There is a field just outside of Davenport, on sr-22? the one that connects the last IA exit on 280 to river drive.

Just past 280 interchange I believe the first road to the right and a quick left into a field. I believe that is the parking area for the pbfield. The proshop for the field is on State St.? Just under the I74 bridge downtown. I can't remember the name of the place.

There is also a field north of Dyersville. I can't remember the name of that either. (good memory 'eh?) I'll find the names and post them later.

I have inlaws in Davenport, so I get up there kinda regular around the holidays. I didn't know there was a field in Eldridge. I will have to check it out.

G

beam
03-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by RPK

Isn't waverly right outside of Washington (IA)? My step sister lives in waverly - i think.... too many towns/cities that start with a W.

RPK

Actually, Waverly is about 15 min. north of Waterloo. HAHAHAH another "W" city. It's where Wartburg college is located. hahaha, what's up with all the W's?

MidnightRider
03-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Kalona here. Do any of you get to Team Products in Tiffon. Mayber richter? Since the field's southern property line is I-80?

P.S. Kalona is the first town 11 miles North of Washington on highway 1.

Peace

MR:D

Dye Angel Guy
03-29-2003, 10:37 AM
I go to school at the University of Dubuque, and am trying to sell my DYE IRONMAN LCD to get a SFL or XMAG so hit me up and maybe you can takes this great gun off my hands......or maybe would could just play some ball.

Sinistarr
03-29-2003, 06:50 PM
Dye Angel Guy,

Does UD have a PB Club or team?

Where do they practice at? My son is still in Dbq, and was looking for a place to play. He can't seem to find anywhere play.

Thanks,

G

Dye Angel Guy
03-29-2003, 07:33 PM
well the school does not have a team yet, but I am forming one. There is a place to play here in DBQ, its called BEST SHOT Paintball. I always go down to davenport though to play. I have not played at Best Shot yet. How old is your son?

Sinistarr
03-29-2003, 08:33 PM
18, he graduates from Wahlert in June. Do you play at that field I mentioned, or the one in Mt. Joy?

I will be back sometime in April, or May. First weekend of June for sure.

G

Dye Angel Guy
03-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Yeah the one in Mt. Joy you pay 1750 on Wed. and you bring your own paint plus you get all day air. The one here in dubuque I know on Sundays you can bring your own paint.

Sinistarr
03-30-2003, 01:53 AM
Where is the one in Dbq? It wasn't there before I left.

G

Dye Angel Guy
03-30-2003, 04:40 PM
yep you can go to Bes Shot paintball here in DBQ.

spudmag
04-05-2004, 04:11 PM
I just got my minimag, but i have been playing for about a year and a half, i usually play at action jacks, or mainly at sprokets

Halliday
04-06-2004, 12:37 AM
Wow. I can't belive I missed this thread.

Bring that Mini down to ACP! I'm reffing there most Sat's.

spudmag
04-06-2004, 03:22 PM
I was just down there for a tournamet not to long ago, it was 2 on 2, and my team FRESH MEAT< got 3rd,but i didn't have the mini then.

Richter
04-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Wow this thread is old. :) Sorry I miss some of the questions. I am willing to play in Iowa anywhere close to I-80. Looking for cheap tourneys that I can take rookies/first year novices and either play with them or coach them.

Went with a couple of guys that had never played before and tried to coach them through a 2 or 3man rookie tourney that was indoors just east Des Moines; that was winter of 2003. I saw on my way to cedar rapids the field in tiffon (well I guess it was the sign for field) I also saw a place that had hyperball tubing stack up stories high right on the side of I-80. They must be some form of pipe distributor or manufacturer. It makes me dream of larger that life hyperball fields.

I have played at DOA (Rattlesnake's field) west of DMS. I played a bring your own paint tourney a few years back at some place south DMS on the interstate that joins DMS with KC. (forget the number because I never drive on that piece of pavement)

I think I played at action jacks once; it was a field right on the river. I think we played a NAAPSA qualifier there...

Anybody now any cheap tourneys in Iowa let me know.
Thanks
Shane

MidnightRider
04-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Just to let those know who have posted in this thread..... Halliday, Spudmag, and I have been discussing setting up and AO Day. If you want to chime in and throw some ideas out slip on over to this thread.

AO-IA Day (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120579)

This way we can keep everything and every plan localized in one thread.:)

Peace

MR

edit: fixed the link