PDA

View Full Version : AGD inline reg

xen_100
03-07-2003, 11:56 PM
has AGD ever thought about making an in-line reg based on either the flatline or the reg section of the retro?

I mean this is one of (if not the) highest flowing reg out there.......why are they missing out on the in-line reg market?

magman007
03-08-2003, 12:23 AM
Well i remember tom answering this a while ago, and he said that they wouldnt make it, because there is no use for it on any of their products. they make products to work on their products, and if they work on others, then so be it.

Now, i think this is a lil funny, another busines oppertunity, hell id do it, but still... THat is toms word

xen_100
03-08-2003, 12:29 AM
that was exactly my thoughts...........weather it works for thier own products or not........everybody wants a really good quality reg on thier gun.........this would fit the bill........

oh well......I dont suppose that AGD is hurting for money.

Collegeboy
03-08-2003, 12:37 AM
It would increase the sells of other guns. Why would Tom sell something to improve the gun of his competition while having no use for his guns.

AGD
03-08-2003, 01:11 AM
We are still debating about it. Its not out of the question we are just looking at where it falls on the list.

AGD

nerobro
03-08-2003, 03:28 AM
*looks at toms reply* that's about what I was going to say. You mentioned it before..... Though you can get a reg quite similliar to the flatline from air america in the unireg, black ice, or violator. what's really interesting about the flatline is the integrated pin and piston. IIRC even the pistons are the same diameter. A RT reg... well that'll be intersting if we ever see one of those. (the concept is simple.. but making it work right on a gun with a seperate valve chamber would require some serious tuning to make it work right on a gun to gun basis.)

Kevmaster
03-08-2003, 11:26 AM
you know, the Air America regs are almost identical to the 'Mag reg. (dont know about the flatline, but I assume it uses the same proven technology). an Air America Vigi or Violator is really a mag reg. Heck, some parts are even interchangeable

xen_100
03-08-2003, 11:59 AM
those regs are based on the original AIR valve......not the retro.

Kevmaster
03-08-2003, 01:53 PM
and ive yet yo see a marker that needs more than 16cps w/o shootdown in semi. sounds pretty damn good to me.

nerobro
03-08-2003, 06:33 PM
You can't swap vigilante or messiah parts with AGD parts. You really shouldn't swap any AA parts with AGD parts. There are several o-rings that are ok, but reg seats, reg pin lengths, and springs are different weights.

The vigi, messiah, and armageddon all use a larger reg piston *grins* A good thing.

The flatline uses an o-ring as the reg seat, and a spherical reg pin tip... I'm unsure what the shape of the reg pin is on the flatline 4500, but the flatline 4500 uses a seat with a conical hole down the middle.

building a retrovalve type reg would have the difficultys I mentioned earlier ;-) it CAN be done.... but would need to be tuned per individual situation.

xen_100
03-08-2003, 07:28 PM
I dont see why it would have to be "tuned" ony more than any other in-line reg. it would be a low pressure output in-line, just like the messiah, glad, and LP maxflo, but once you set the pressure, it shouldn't change. It also shouldn't matter what gun you put it on, cause the way it regulates is by input VS regulated pressure in combination with the springs.

nerobro
03-08-2003, 07:38 PM
The RT reg works by sheltering the reg piston from it's output air untill it's almost full. if you allowed the RT piston to see chamber pressure as it filled it would preform exactly the same as any other reg.

Therefore the tuning. you would need more or less lag depending on the flow path, restrictions in the gun, size of the air chamber, set pressure.. and many other factors ;-)

sniper1rfa
03-08-2003, 09:06 PM
well, more specifically, it bypasses the reg seat until the pressure differential is low enough to re-seat the reg piston. it basically is just a way to make the piston open really really wide, so it flows alot. otherwise, it works the same as any other reg. therefore, there would not need to be any tuning between guns.

nerobro
03-08-2003, 09:19 PM
it doesn't bypass the reg seat at all. what it does is it seperates the reg piston from the reg seats output. There's a sence tube that leads to the on off. that sence tube is a restriction, and creates the "lag" necessary to make the reg slam open and shut. Course this is my understanding. Though you really can't bypass the reg seat ;-)

sniper1rfa
03-08-2003, 10:14 PM
the lag is really made by pressure differentials. it has to be, or the reg would only work right at one specific input pressure (thats key...). :)

as i said, its just a way to be able to open the piston really, really wide (1/4", iirc).

nerobro
03-09-2003, 02:38 AM
Well.. it does ;-) though we'd have to confirm this with tom, at really high input pressures the reg will fill the AIR chamber to a pressure higher than it's supposed to be set to. (temprature not withstanding) and then as it cools the reg, behaving as a normal reg will keep the air chamber topped off properly. This is also why it would need tuning on other guns. it would be possible to flash fill the gun and have it not cool down to a level where the reg would be able to "top it off" to the proper pressure.

Muzikman
03-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Why bother, buy a Palmer Stabilizer....NeroBro and a few others know just how good these regs are...;)

speedyejl
03-09-2003, 01:58 PM
ANS any one? You can swap the velocity adjuster between the two ;)

xen_100
03-09-2003, 02:19 PM
thats because the ANS reg is an exact copy of the AA unireg. the only difference is a slighty cosmetic difference and it shows output pressure instead of input.

JEDI
03-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Heres the link to the thread I posted about this topic. I too am interested in a good AGD inline reg.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64576&highlight=inline+reg