PDA

View Full Version : New Fully Autococker idea

Catch22
03-08-2003, 12:06 AM
Hey everybody! I spend my freetime (basically school) thinking of CrAZy things to do to guns. And basically ALL of them either have no purpose or I can never get the good ones to work right. Well anyways, This one's new. Correct me if i'm wrong here but in the picture you can see what is happening.

http://pub6.picturehost.co.uk/Fully%20Auto%20unstoppable%20Reaction.GIF

If you were to just pull the trigger back once and let it go would it set off an unstoppable reaction that would just totally empty your tank and hopper? And another thought. If you timed this whole setup right, it probably would get faster and faster in it's "cycles" and fully test the capability of an autococker right? I'm just a kid and this post will probably seem dumb to most of you but I thought that this was really cool.

ChucktheMAGician
03-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Link didn't work for me:confused:

Redkey
03-08-2003, 11:11 PM
Here are some photos of almost exactly what you are trying to do. The only difference is that I have replaced the second three way with a bank of SMC solenoid valves and that I use the ram to pull the trigger and not push it.

Of course you must excuse the c-clamp, the block of wood and the screws sticking out of the chunk of aluminum hanging off the ram. This was just the begining of a "what if" project I was working on to test regs.

I use a DAQ card to send signals to the solenoid valves to control the trigger pull durations. I have the gun cycling anywhere from 1 to 10 bps... I know it will go faster but I need to shorten the air hoses between the ram and the solenoid. I'm using labview to control the timing of the on and off pulses. It actually works very very well.

Would your system work? perhaps... but you might have to modify the firing three way to make sure the ram was actived for the proper amount of time. Imagine having to double time an autococker... make sure the linkage between the two three ways is completely adjustable.

Redkey
03-08-2003, 11:16 PM
here is a close-up of the ram and my embarassing trigger mechanism. I must confess this took all of 5 minutes to make using a bandsaw, sander and drill press.

But, hey, I didn't use any duct tape, zip ties or hose clamps... I suppose I could have used a larger c-clamp though.

edit: No other modifications were made to the gun. I'm using the orginal return spring... although i might modify it to use the ram to work the trigger in both directions.

Catch22
03-08-2003, 11:45 PM
That's almost exactly what I was talking about. and yeah double timing WOuLD be a bich (SP you know why)

wow my favorite part of your entire post

But, Hey, I didn't use any duct tape...

P.S. Oh and are YOU that guy that stole some solenoids and microswitches from his workplace as a home security guy. Sure looks like it haha.

Redkey
03-10-2003, 03:49 AM
Happy to say, everything in the photo was purchased by me. Ummm... well, almost everything... I think the hose was recycled (pulled from dumpster) from a project at work.

My work has nothing to do with home security.

Catch22
03-10-2003, 07:57 AM
I heard some guy say he took a couple little things but no big deal. Probably wasnt you

Vegeta
03-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Catch22
I'm just a kid and this post will probably seem dumb to most of you but I thought that this was really cool.

Thank you for at least saying that.... You don't act like you're a rocket scientist on one of your firsts posts here.

As far as your idea, It could be done (with some very careful timing) but I don't see the reason to.

bjjb99
03-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Vegeta

You don't act like you're a rocket scientist on one of your firsts posts here.

Unless of course you actually ARE a rocket scientist or you've stayed in a Holiday Inn Express the night before. ;)

BJJB

03-13-2003, 09:54 AM
you can get a reflex cocker kit with the anti chop bolt from boston paintball supply for 400. you can set the reactivness of the trigger so it is very hard to fire a single shot.

http://thecog.bizland.com/reviews/bpsreflex.html

johnny dee
03-17-2003, 11:55 AM
i like the idea that u have..makes me think about ways i could do somethign like that. do you think there would be a way to make it small enuff that you could use it in a game...from the pics up there it looks like its alot of stuff, and if there was a way to compact it into somethign smaller i would like to get one.

Redkey
03-17-2003, 01:47 PM
You would be better off buying a electro gun.

I never even thought of taking this into the field. You could do it... but, there are many other much cleaner options out there.

Catch22
03-22-2003, 01:02 AM
Well essentially it is a fully auto gun and would never be legal in a tournament but to answer the question of can it be compacted well yeah. I've seen plenty of reversed autocockers that have no front pneumatics. You could keep the "3-way" where it is, attach a ram to the left side of the body, and point the reg downwards attatching it ti a small regulator like maybe a palmer (they have so many types of stabilizers). I have a picture of one i'll try to get it up tonight.

*EDIT*
Here is a picture of "Muzikman"'s Palmerized cocker. It's a typhcocker.
http://pittsburgh-music.com/paintball/typhocker/images/typhocker08.jpg

KingMob3
04-17-2003, 01:44 PM
had the Idea a long time ago...

put a solinoid with a .75 in throw dist in place of the ram,and a roler switch in the grip un vola no pnumatics ( needs a basic stamp type controler though)