PDA

View Full Version : dying warpfeed shells

Raptor3359
03-08-2003, 11:11 AM
I have a blue/purplish warp feed, i bought it used, my gun is all black so the warp doesnt match very good. Anyway, i want to dye it black rather then buying a new shell because they cost too much. But what can i do about the sensor. I dont know how to take it out or if u can. So how can i do it? thanks

Raptor3359

warpfeedmod
03-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Raptor3359
I have a blue/purplish warp feed, i bought it used, my gun is all black so the warp doesnt match very good. Anyway, i want to dye it black rather then buying a new shell because they cost too much. But what can i do about the sensor. I dont know how to take it out or if u can. So how can i do it? thanks

Raptor3359

not sure how well dying would work, but you could try using the rc car body paints that are used on the clear bodies. paint it on the INSIDE so the paint doesn't scratch off. I know for a while people would do this with clear revvys to get custom looks, fades, etc.

IcantBelieveit
03-08-2003, 12:03 PM
yea its easy......
go to the store and get the liquid "RIT" dye. Obviously the color that you want.

Then take and find an old pot that is big enough for the warp shell to fit in.
When you do this take all the internals out of the warpfeed and reasseble the shells, (THIS WILL KEEP THE SHELLS FROM WARPING)

O.k take and fill the pot full of water, and put it on the stove. Get the water HOT but NOT BOILING. JUST HOT. Pour the dye in and mix around. Dip the warp feed shells in the hot water for a few seconds at a time until desired darkness is reached

oh and don't worry about the pop-riveted sensor just leave it in

Creative Mayhem
03-08-2003, 03:05 PM
How To's (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65773&highlight=how+tos)

Hope it helps.

CM

Ghost24
03-08-2003, 09:01 PM
I think I read somewhere on the forum you should replace the old sensor because it was hard to remove the old one without damaging it.

IcantBelieveit
03-08-2003, 10:32 PM
don't take the sensor out period

RoadDawg
09-08-2003, 12:48 PM
I know this is old but I'm about to do dye my shells and I had one question. Do you just let it air dry?

kenndogg
09-09-2003, 03:40 AM
naw you could wipe it down with a towel. Oh and if you are going to dye it, don't be an idiot like me and dump the entire bottle of Rit dye into the pot. I wanted green and it came out almost black and my revvies shell turned blue lol.
Also make sure you don't leave it in the pot for too long or it'll warp. should of seen my revvy shells....