PDA

View Full Version : Good Rattle?

TippmannMan
03-08-2003, 01:23 PM
this is probably my unneccessary nervousness taking over again but is it ok if the tank reg check valve in the male fill port for the flatline regulator rattles? my tank id is XFL10573 and oh yea its an 88/4500. i took to apart for the first time and when i shook it i couldnt remember if the rattling was something normal. and yes im sure its that specific part. its probably ok but i just have some weird feeling that it might explode or something when i go fill the tank :p please someone let me know

Machina123
03-08-2003, 04:01 PM
have somone else fill it and stand far away.

yagrmiestr
03-08-2003, 04:10 PM
when I first got my 68/4500 flatline I remember there being some sort of a rattle that sounded like it was coming from the end of the reg. It hasn't exploded yet. ;) I'm assuming the fill nipple has some sort of check valve that closes when the tank is under pressure so the ball bearing would rattle when there is no pressure in the tank.

FooTemps
03-08-2003, 04:33 PM
Did you ever consider that the sound was from the guage needles?

TippmannMan
03-08-2003, 04:38 PM
well i know what the check valve is like and the gauge rattle noise is miniscule in comparison. i am 99.9% sure its the check valve so it wasnt a question of what is rattling but if its ok. thanks anyway for all your input fellas relating to another flatline was all the reassurance i needed

felony
03-08-2003, 05:37 PM
I believe my friends rattles as does mine. I think a store owner and I came to the conclusion that it is the on/off rattling when not under pressure. No biggy, if these guys have had a rattle, I have a rattle and about 5 others @ the store rattled, it's ok..

Dan

AGD
03-08-2003, 10:53 PM
RATTLE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about it thats a SAFETY backcheck. Its there so if you turn off the air and take apart the reg and then are stupid enough to turn the air on while its dissasembled it doesnt shoot across the room and kill someone. When assembled the backcheck is held open by the reg piston and in no way restricts anything.

Rattle good, don't mess with it.

AGD