PDA

View Full Version : Micro E-mag Problem

TPS
03-08-2003, 02:53 PM
I have a Micro E-Mag with the level 10 bolt. I played 5 games with it and shot approx 1500 shots through it. The last game about half way though I pulled the trigger and it did not fire. It sounded like I short stroked it and then there was a slight leak down the barrel. I pull the trigger again and again and it whould shoot about 1 out of every 3-4 pulls. I brought the gun home to work on it. Now, it won't even shoot at all. When I pull the trigger it sounds like a short stroke and it will leak down the barrel. I can stop the leak by taking my finger and resetting the bolt back. It acts like there is not enough air to fire the gun, but I have turned the velocity up to the point it blows air out the back. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.......Mark

askman
03-08-2003, 06:16 PM
I believe it is recommended that you go down to next smaller O ring carrier for the LX bolt...

Russ
03-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Are you just out of air? Did you refill your tank?

Dayspring
03-09-2003, 12:25 AM
Sounds like one of two things-
A.) Out of air or
B.) Bolt stick.

A's cure is simple. (Level 10, depending on setup, will stop working around 1000-800psi coming from the tank.)

B's cure is to move up a carrier. You want to run the largest carrier that won't leak. Here's the test.

Take the carrier out. Slide it onto the piston of the Level 10 Bolt, oring first. Dangle the bolt from the carrier. It should just kinda hang. That's the right fit. If it slides off, it's too loose. If it doesn't move at all, too tight.

Moving down a carrier may make the problem worse.

Originally posted by askman
I believe it is recommended that you go down to next smaller O ring carrier for the LX bolt...