PDA

View Full Version : Fire at field today...

SlipknotX556
03-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Well, today around 1:30 a helicopter was filming us for the news (thats what I was told) they were flying around, filming and coming lower and lower and then decided to start to drop smoke bombs, a few caught a tree on fire, then I see everyone runnning off the field yelling FIRE FIRE, as I proceed to run to the scene and their is already people grabbing coolers, cups and bottles, filling them up to get this fire out. Then I look up and see a guy at the top off the tree, throwing water down the tree, to try and stop it. The tree couldnt have been more then a foot wide, was very flimsy. No one was hurt, just a ref shield was burnt up.

PzYcO
03-08-2003, 05:41 PM
lucky noone got hurt

Mr.Minus
03-08-2003, 05:43 PM
i hope they dont show footage of a fire at a paintball field and give us a bad name....

felony
03-08-2003, 05:52 PM
Why the crap were they dropping smoke bombs outta the helicopter?

Am I reading this right or what?

Dan

SlipknotX556
03-08-2003, 06:57 PM
yes you are. They wanted a scenario trpe look for the news. My little brother just informed me, it was on the news, but they said "fire and bloddy machette(sp?) ranch"

felony
03-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Would'nt like to playing paintball, and then have a helicopter drop smoke on me.. idiots..

dan

halB
03-08-2003, 07:59 PM
simple
sue them for wreckless endangerment
sue them for vandalism and destruction of private property
have htem arrested for arson
have them arrested for what im sure is violation of FAA regulations
and then for their news report sue them for defamation

Mr.Minus
03-08-2003, 08:01 PM
lol yes, i agree!
although i dont support suing for really random things this is one i support

yeahthatsme
03-08-2003, 08:01 PM
what hal said!

that pisses me off that they would do that then give paintball a bad name...grrr!:mad: :mad: :mad:

deathstalker
03-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by halB
simple
sue them for wreckless endangerment
sue them for vandalism and destruction of private property
have htem arrested for arson
have them arrested for what im sure is violation of FAA regulations
and then for their news report sue them for defamation
Please don't. Things like this only serve to strengthen my argument that paintballers are our own worst enemy. If you do anything, offer to help the field do things properly in the future.

halB
03-08-2003, 09:26 PM
offer to help the field do things differently??
HOW
they had a helicoptor fly over them, with or without permission, and dropped FIREWORKS on them, setting the field on fire, which could have ended with DEATHS, and destruciton of the field. why did they do that? because they wanted paintball to look military, to slander our name. then, they air the footage of the scene they rigged. they could have KILLED SOMEONE. how could the field have done ANYTHING differently? how could they have STOPPED them?

those people did something moronic, idiotic, and truly stupid. they should be punished for their apathy towards human life, property, and our sport. how could you possible think that doing so would damage our name further then what that news team has already done?

SlipknotX556
03-08-2003, 11:16 PM
this field is not my regular, funny thing is, its a church group field.

FalconGuy016
03-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by deathstalker

Please don't. Things like this only serve to strengthen my argument that paintballers are our own worst enemy. If you do anything, offer to help the field do things properly in the future.

Yah... what are you talking about

Mossman
03-09-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

Yah... what are you talking about

Aparently he's talking over your head :rolleyes:

Take it easy, the field operator will get everything squared away, some 13 year olds yelling about bringing the TV company to court on the internet aren't helping our sport any more than the bad media coverage.