PDA

View Full Version : i know alot of people ask this but for me this is a little diff.

frost
03-08-2003, 06:57 PM
ok so here my question at paintballgear.com they got an automang tko setup and iam going to be ordering this gun soon so i need to know this can i use co2 in it I WILL NOT BEABLE TO BUY ANYTHING NEW NOTHING so my question is how bad is it going to be for my gun is it going to kill it or is it going to be ok for it and ill beable to use it for a few months i go like 2-3 from 6 till 10 a month paintballing 3 is max!! so would it be ok for me to do this iam going to be indoor when i play and its like 55 in there so its not very cold and dont send me to some f.a.q. about co2 useage in automags they did that to me and the forum at pbreview.com and that didnt help me at all

so basicly would it be ok for me to use co2 in my gun for a few months or will i have to basicly rebuild the whole inside of my gun ill post in here again if i need more info

please dont send me a thread about co2 in automags!!!!!!!

ChucktheMAGician
03-08-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by frost
please dont send me a thread about co2 in automags!!!!!!!

I guess suggesting a search wouldn't be appreciated either!;) I don't think your mag will die but I'd still recommend anti-siphon.

Kevmaster
03-08-2003, 07:15 PM
it wont kill your mag. mags have been run on co2 for years. its recommended that you use N2 or at least an EXP Chamber or Anti siphon tank would be a good idea

frost
03-08-2003, 07:18 PM
i cant get an anti-siphon all of my money is going to the gun i can not buy anything new for the gun i got a 20oz tank i have to use that for now i can not get anything new just tell me if i can do it or no

i dont want an anwser like this
-yea u can but get nrito a.s.a.p.

i know i should just tell me if its ok to do this for a few months ill play like 6 times

la690
03-08-2003, 07:21 PM
yes

sniper1rfa
03-08-2003, 07:22 PM
itll be fine.

frost
03-08-2003, 07:29 PM
thank u god!!!!!!!!! its about time someone just gave me an anwser to this question thank u thank u thank u

iam off to order my automag tko!!!!!!

crap i got another question

frost
03-08-2003, 07:32 PM
ok i hear u need a special barrel for an automag with the sandtard feed whats that all about and is that on every gun and is it just a good idea to spend the $10 more and get powerfeed or is the barrel thing with that too

ChucktheMAGician
03-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Most mag barrels are "threaded"or "grooved" for standards and powerfeeds. Centerfeed barrels are little more rare, a standard mag barrel should fit what you're getting.

Magaholic
03-08-2003, 09:25 PM
That's not to say that you shouldn't spend the extra money on a powerfeed...GET A POWERFEED BODY! :) You will be more satisfied with the results.

askman
03-09-2003, 12:23 AM
You can use CO2 on mags. It is good idea to keep Liquid co2 out of the valve. There are several way to do this. If you are getting a mag with vertical asa, screw the co2 bottle into that without the bottom line. I know people who runs this setup without a problem. (it does make it tall though) If you are going to run without antisiphon tank. (you can conver regular tank into antisiphon fairly easily. Just unscrew it, and put ina a bent brass tubing) I recommend keeping a set of O rings. You will go through more of them.

It is worth the time to convert your tank to antisiphon.

Dayspring
03-09-2003, 12:28 AM
Unless you're a trained airsmith, I recommend AGAINST doing it yourself. There's more to just throwing the tube in the tank...

Originally posted by askman
If you are going to run without antisiphon tank. (you can conver regular tank into antisiphon fairly easily. Just unscrew it, and put ina a bent brass tubing)... It is worth the time to convert your tank to antisiphon.

speedyejl
03-09-2003, 01:32 AM
Get it done by an airsmith. You need to solder, break down red loctite, then re-do it. Its not something to attempt unless you have some experince.

speedyejl
03-09-2003, 01:35 AM
Also Co2 will weaken your O-rings faster than using nitro because of the cold. If you want to keep your mag in top condition you would have to rebuild much more frequently. Obviously from what you have said your limitations don't allow you any other options when getting your setup. I would recomend getting a used one for cheaper and buying a nitro tank, or at least gettin an anti-siphon.

xen_100
03-10-2003, 12:34 PM
I would say wait. if you are spending abspolutely every penny to get this gun, you wont be happy. you will need a revy(if you dont have one) and you will be really unhappy with how crappy a mag works on co2 without an anti-siphon or a remote. I understand not having money, but if you can't even spend $15 on an antisiphon line, what are you gonna do when you have to buy a $20 o-ring kit to replace all the o-rings you froze?

Demobilized
03-10-2003, 04:38 PM
I would just suggest buying used from someone. You get a great deal and then would have cash for a tank, or extra money to play.

mykroft
03-10-2003, 05:09 PM
My mag ran from 1994 to 2000 on a strict diet of CO2, without any replacement of o-rings or reg seats.

I've run it since then, but have replaced all the o-rings once.