PDA

View Full Version : singing

LittleKrems
03-08-2003, 10:03 PM
ok i need a mic cuz im gona start singing (ahhh tahts a horrid thought;) )well i need

1) a mic and
2) a mic amplifier

this is just a practice amp/mic and they dont need to be the best, just good enough to be heard over a guitar practice amp. any brands/specific mics/amps would really help. thanks a lot!!

PS trying to stay under $500 if possible:p

LittleKrems
03-08-2003, 10:13 PM
hold on.... i was just informed its not called an amp its call a PA.... i feel dumb now

Pullman
03-12-2003, 11:29 PM
First off, I would suggest buying all this stuff used. You'll be better off. Peavey actually makes pretty decent practice type PA's. EV is good as well, but a bit spendier. Anything better than that starts to cost big time (but it makes a difference). Peavey makes these 1-200 watt amps with like 4 lines in and a little equalizer (they are solid state). Then you could just get a monitor (the wedge shaped speakers at the front of the stage which allow the band to hear what is going on) or 2 to start with. The amp board together thing doesn't leave you a lot of room to expand, but it won't break your bank. For Mics anything by Shure is a safe bet. The SM57 is pratically bulletproof, if you need an on/off switch the SM58 isn't much more. This was all true in 95. It's been a while since I was doing the rock thing.

Hope that helps,:cool:

Marlin