PDA

View Full Version : Do u have this problem?

maginator
03-08-2003, 10:07 PM
I have level 10 on my mag. And when i turn my velocity up it vents out the back. Even at 270-295 it vents out the back. Please help its annoying!

Magaholic
03-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Switch the next smallest bolt spring. (If you have the long one in, put the middle one in, etc...) Readjust velocity and try again...

Dayspring
03-08-2003, 10:16 PM
It may be that you need a new reg piston. Check the spring length first though.

maginator
03-08-2003, 10:23 PM
thanks but i really dont want to go to the smaller spring because i am on the old one now and it will chop and break a pencil in the breech.

Dayspring
03-08-2003, 10:27 PM
Well, the small spring and the stock spring are the same...

Try moving to a larger carrier. You want the largest that won't leak.

maginator
03-08-2003, 10:51 PM
the shinney one that is the same as the old will not fire and i moved up to a larger carrier. It helped but didnt totaly solve the problem and remember this is out the back no the barrel

Dayspring
03-09-2003, 12:20 AM
I understand that. The looser the carrier, the less you have to crank the pressure which would solve this problem. And you may have to bite the bullet and switch to the short spring.

crankydan
03-09-2003, 12:34 AM
Mag,
I take it you started out with the two ring carrier. You also stated that you move up to the next larger carrier. I would keep trying until it leaked out the front and then drop down one size. These superbolts do require to be broken in I.E. shot atleast 1000-2000 rounds to seat in the oring and bolt stem. Also make sure to lube the internals, just pop off the air line and add a few drops before you play for the day. DO NOT OVER TORQUE the tube nut. I have found that it doesnt take much more than hand tight to properly torque. Last but not least, it just might be your reg piston. Good luck and dont give up. :)

maginator
03-09-2003, 08:38 PM
thanks alot guys atually i started out large and went down to the 1 but i dinged it up with the bolt and it leaked slightly so i ordered another one from airgun so i was using the .5 for a while till u guys helped me then i put the new 1 in and its good but the 2 leaks but u know i dont care thats y i buy all day air.