PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Rex...

madmatt151
03-09-2003, 07:09 AM
Hey all, I have been mulling over the decision if I should get an adjustable tank. Many people say that since I have a RT now, I should get an adjustable one. I have seen the Raptor Rex on AA's site for $199 and it seems like such a good deal. Can anyone tell me why they mightbe charging so little for this tank and reg? Seeing as thier others are $350+. Is this a good deal. I even have a cradle for it. I currently have a 114/4500 preset.

Tunaman
03-09-2003, 07:53 AM
Trust me...thats a great tank at a great price. Take the money you saved on it an buy a Proconnect. Raptors love to have a proconnect! ;)

madmatt151
03-09-2003, 01:07 PM
Got one. Anything else?

Mr.Minus
03-10-2003, 10:34 PM
what is a proconnect?

Tunaman
03-10-2003, 10:48 PM
The proconnect is the nicest pushbotton quick disconnect on the market...it can hold back you entire tank pressure. Here is one on the valve of my Emag... http://tunaman2.freeyellow.com/myemag6.JPG

mobius
03-10-2003, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I had a pro connect when I was using a remote line. That was great, because I didn't lose all the gas pressure that was in my airline when I wanted to disconnect it from my marker.

madmatt151
03-10-2003, 11:24 PM
Tuna, what drop forward is that on your emag? Is it custom made? It looks like a quick disconnect, but milled differently. Interesting.

xen_100
03-10-2003, 11:26 PM
the only problem I have heard of with proconnects and slide checks are the very small holes they use to transfer air. so they can cause shootdown. half the reason I went with the design I did. But mine will not seal off a raptor.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/xen_100/AIR_valve.jpg

Nobody077
03-11-2003, 08:32 PM
I like my Raptor, I added a on/off and a output gauge to mine. I allso use a KAPP drop on the tank it works great( click my My Guns link for a pic of the tank before the on/off & Gauge on my cocker).
P.S. The Raptor uses the reg seat from a classic mag parts kit in its reg, so if you have a mag parts kit you can allso use it on your raptor.

Shane-O-Mac
03-12-2003, 12:27 AM
just a small correction: do not use a mag seat in an AA air system. it is too soft for the pin to consistantly seat and unseat the same way. you will get pressure output variations with a mag seat in there. anyone have any problems with an AA product, slide me an email, i will help you as best that i can. Also, ask gunga if he likes his raptor, i set him up with one at chicago nppl last year.
Shane-O

Nobody077
03-12-2003, 01:02 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Shane, I looked for the E-mail I had froma a AA tech that told me I could use the Mag seat, It was in responce to a request for a "quick Fix" to a leaking regulator. But it looks like I have deleted it, The tech probaly intended it as a "temp" fix and not as a longterm replacment, so I will replace the mag seat with a AA one before it gives me in problems.

xen_100
03-12-2003, 01:52 AM
I was told by an AA tech that the reason my blackice didn't work right was because of a mag reg seat in it as well. so there you have two people confirming it :)

Brak
03-12-2003, 02:46 PM
i have a raptor too, and its great. i use a proconnect also, and i havent experience any shootdown becuase of the small air hole it has. i use a benchmark center drop with it too, and its great. you should definitely get one if you can

Gunga
03-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Shane-O-Mac
ask gunga if he likes his raptor, i set him up with one at chicago nppl last year.

Yep...works great on my ReTro Mag. Nice upgrade over the PMI pre-set screw-in regulator I had on that bottle before. I'd go ahead and get one...it's built like a tank and has AA's great warranty.

As the previous posters have said, you'd need to add a pro connect or an on/off valve to it. One other thing to keep in mind...since there's no output pressure gauge, you'd need to either add one or buy/borrow an AA Guardian reg tester to set the output pressure.

Mr.Minus
03-20-2003, 09:35 PM
here is mine, same on/off too...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/paul.speek/mag/valve.JPG

Jerhew
03-21-2003, 01:47 AM
yep i was faced with the same questions about the raptor
i just got mine so i haven't even tried it...waiting for my pro-connect and greasegun line from mossman
but i decided you really can't go wrong
it comes with a lifetime warranty
you could probably sell it for darn close to the same price if you don't like it

and tuna what kind of drop is that?