PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Best Mag Barrel

litestab
03-09-2003, 10:45 AM
simple question but i expect many different answers, please explain. thank you

nippinout
03-09-2003, 12:52 PM
I have an RT Pro and I love my stock barrel.

It is a quality barrel. Minimal porting so the barrel is more air efficient but a bit louder than most barrels.

On top of all that, it's cheap!

But I'm also a fan of LAPCO barrels. Quality barrels but they also are a bit louder than most wildly ported barrels.

J&J makes awesome barrels and their prices are fantastic.

Pretty much, any aftermarket barrel will be the same quality as any other aftermarket barrel. I tend to choose medium bores so it can shoot field paint I use.

I think multi-bore barrel kits are a waste of money. How much more money are you spending for such an immeasureable amount of improvement in accuracy.

BajaBoy
03-09-2003, 01:03 PM
ive always liked smartpart barrels, i have all of them besides the jr. freak. But if i ever switched from smartparts ide go with J&J for multi bore. and Dye for a standard bore barrel

azheat99
03-09-2003, 01:20 PM
I don't think the brand of barrel matters as much as a few other features. The two most important being an interchangeable bore system to get the proper barrel to paintball match. The paint should drop into the bore and then be able to be blown out by a puff of air. If it falls through, use the next size smaller. If you can't blow it through, use the next larger size. The next most important is length. I just completed a test that I hope to get published concerning barrel length and accuracy. I would avoid an 8 inch barrel, but use anything from 10-15 inches. That's a matter of personal preference, but a longer barrel may allow you to aim better. I guess you can't underestimate style. Check out a Freak, Equation Pro or Custom Products. There are a few more out there and I don't think you'd go wrong with any of them.

swamprat33
03-09-2003, 04:04 PM
The real problem is when you get inconsitant paint. I got a box of Diablo Blaze and tested a random 250 balls, and found about 60% rolled straight through all 3 of my barrels. The rest could be blown through, with a few requiring some force to get them out. I had to push 2 out with a squeegee!!

My barrels are:
Stock RT
10" Dye Stainless (.691 - I think)
14" CP one piece (.693)

This is supposed to be reasonable paint, but I may not use it again.

This inconsistancy may explain some of my accuracy and Chrono probs when using this paint.

Cheers

Swamprat

Coaster
03-09-2003, 10:28 PM
lapco all the way. Inexpensive, efficient, and accurate. Plus, they have 2(soon to be 3) variations of the same barrel, just with different bore sizes. Right now they have the bigshot, autospirit, and they will soon have the microshot. I would suggest this over a freak, because you could get all those barrels for less than a freak set, and cover a lot of bore sizes.

darklord
03-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Are you just asking that simple question so the thread won't get deleted? Are you using AO just to host that pic??? If so, you've sunk to a new low.

Best mag barrel IMO is the freak. For a single-bore barrel, best, if price is no object, might be the titanium boom from DYE.

litestab
03-10-2003, 12:47 AM
sunk to a new low? sorry i just wanted to ask a question...

darklord
03-10-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by litestab
sunk to a new low? sorry i just wanted to ask a question... Please explain the random pic, then...

guysdaman
03-10-2003, 01:53 AM
I have a boomie and love it! It seems to work very well with most paint...the accuracy is great and it seems to be a somewhat quiet barrel. That being said the price of the titanium vers the stainless is not worth it IMO. I picked mine up on ebay for 60 bucks...shop around and you can pick up a good one for cheap! ;)

athomas
03-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Any barrel that works for you is the right one.

Match the barrel to the paint you are going to be using. That will get you the best results. Even lesser barrels will perform rather well with a good paint to barrel match.

Demobilized
03-10-2003, 04:31 PM
Aren't u suppose to host your pics in the friendly corner? But in the friendly corner they say just add em to the end of your post, so i am assuming that he got them mixed up.

Russ
03-10-2003, 05:10 PM
Jeez, the kid posted a pic, what's the big deal :rolleyes:

I like CP Barrels, Cheap, top quality and pretty colors...:cool:

litestab
03-10-2003, 07:33 PM
no matter where i post on AO someone tells me " you should have posted that in the X forum and not this one. " i felt like putting a picture up, if you don't like it just don't look.

Demobilized
03-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Well, besides the fact that i was defending you, but whatever floats your boat

silenttype
03-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Im a FREAK

litestab
03-11-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Demobilized
Well, besides the fact that i was defending you, but whatever floats your boat
thanks. i'll try to refrain from this awful mistakes in the future.