PDA

View Full Version : angel IR3 on ebay-$255

TheJester
03-09-2003, 03:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16048&item=2715305316&rd=1

no it's not mine, but a freind pointed it out to me

darklord
03-09-2003, 03:19 PM
0 feedback...yeah, I bet the guy is trustworthy.... :rolleyes:

rikkter
03-09-2003, 03:19 PM
thats just its current bidding price. you'll notice once it gets near the end of the auction, the price will jump upfor the buyers hoping no one will notice. and by law i believe, the seller HAS to sell it at that advertised price to the buyer.

i coul dbe wrong so someone enlighten me

darklord: i have 0 feedback on my account. everybody starts with 0. whats your point?

darklord
03-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by rikkter
thats just its current bidding price. you'll notice once it gets near the end of the auction, the price will jump upfor the buyers hoping no one will notice. and by law i believe, the seller HAS to sell it at that advertised price to the buyer.

i coul dbe wrong so someone enlighten me

darklord: i have 0 feedback on my account. everybody starts with 0. whats your point? I know everyone starts with 0. My point is, why buy from some guy who may be trying to scam you, when he hasn't even bought or sold anything on eBay to yield good feedback? Especially such a pricer marker like the IR3..... I'd stick to tustworthy dealers instead.

rikkter
03-09-2003, 03:37 PM
true. thats why you make him ship, and you ship it witht hat verify recieve thing so you can ahve PROOF. if he claims he dind't, yet you got nothing, you got proof. and let ebay deal with it.
i knwo what you mean about the 0 feedback, but people have to start one way or another.

maybe thats why my mag isn't selling..0feed back:(

silenttype
03-09-2003, 05:24 PM
Its a ripoff ,i guarintee it,or its stolen:rolleyes:

askman
03-09-2003, 06:08 PM
with lack of feedback, real picture, no paypal, and description ripped off another site, I would not bid on this item. Good chance of rippoff. I never purchase from zero feedback unless they take paypal credit card. (credit card purchase protection) Just my two cents worth.

THis is definitely suspicous... (I have almost 500 feedback on ebay, and do a lot of business on it)

FeelTheRT
03-09-2003, 08:22 PM
guys seriously, becareful on Ebay. Just last week, some fool stole pics of my buddy's Ironmen Timmy (Cockermatt on PBN) and used it in an Ebay scam. Cockermatt, another friend of ours, and I started to have some fun with the kid. We got the thing upto $10,000,000. If he hadn't closed the auction and canceling all our bids, this fool would have ended up paying 5.25% of 10 million dollars which is $52,500, and let me tell ya, whoever he stole the creditcard number from wouldn't have been very happy. Ironically, Manike's Ironmen Timmy was Ebay scammed as well. So just becareful on Ebay.

BTW, the fool that Ebay scammed my friend's Timmy had a feedback of 300. Makes ya think.

Brak
03-09-2003, 08:25 PM
i might just bid! i have always wanted an AUTOCOCKER ANGEL!!! especially the autococker angel IR3!

Mr.Minus
03-09-2003, 08:27 PM
guys.....come on now, read it a bit more carefully....he is selling the box with a manual is what im thinking...

he probably bought an angel and is trying to sell the box

hitmanng
03-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Just remember guys ebay is a tool. I have bought 4 guns off of ebay. They are all what they where promised to be. But you have to be very very careful who you bid with.
If is sounds too good to be true it probably is.
Hitmanng

askman
03-09-2003, 10:35 PM
I have bought and sold bunch of markers, both on ebay and AO, and it can be an useful tool. Just have to becareful that is all. Like I said in my previous post, credit card protection through paypal is great for buyer, and give legitimacy to the seller. If you don't have high feedback, and wants to sell on ebay, I recommend taking credit card through paypal. It cost, but worth it.

If I did not like ebay, I would not have high feedback rating. would I. ;-)

I bought my emag there, and I love it. got it with Level X for 550 shipped. great deal. just picked up a hurricane and RT pro as well. Even Palmer is starting to list on ebay.

ß.C.
03-09-2003, 10:46 PM
FeeltheRT - was the gun totally custom? He might of jsut used the pic for his auction because he didn't have one, but if it was custom you should of bid sniped ;)

fyse0
03-09-2003, 11:00 PM
no there is no legal binding on ebay. Say I post a hummer h2 on ebay, it ends at 85k.. and i was looking for 115k, i can just deny everyone and put it back up.

askman
03-09-2003, 11:49 PM
You better have reserve, if you want certain money for a good or start the bidding at minimum that you are willing to take. While they cannot make you sell your stuff, you can get kicked off, if you abuse it. It is a contract to buy/sell at the price. Typically, they are more forgiving, as they will be making their commission no matter if you actually go with the transaction or not.

remember on expensive item, 3-4% fee can be still a good sum of money

automagking182
03-11-2003, 10:53 PM
u should be very careful on ebay i bought my mag off there and it barely worked but luckily it still had some stars on it so its workin great now, however u should consider any good deals because my friend bought an angel in great condition off ebay for $18.00 and he sold it and bought an evolution cocker.

Timmee
03-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Alright, lets examine this auction. His location is New York, but he registered 8 days ago in Canada. He's got 0 feedback, selling a high ticket item, and not using a reserve (actually, I don't think he can use one until he's got enough feedback). There's no picture of the actual marker, and the description reads like a product review. This auction sounds risky, at best. I sure hope it works out for the high bidder, and if it's one of you, DON'T USE WESTERN UNION!