PDA

View Full Version : rt on/off assembly

Mr. Hick
03-09-2003, 03:19 PM
how does the rt on/off work?

cgrieves
03-09-2003, 03:46 PM
Pretty much like a classic automag on/off... when you push the trigger the pin pushes into the on/off top o-rings cutting off the forward chamber from the regulator. The differences are that the top of the on/off pin is exposed to full gas input pressure, whereas the bottom of the pin is only exposed to the internal regulated pressure. As the top of the pin is machined to have a large cross sectional area and the lower section is thinner, the gas pressure pushing down on the top portion pin is counteracted by the pressure acting on the bottom of the machined section. Subtract one from the other and you basically get a trigger that's easy to push because it's only exposed to regulated pressure, but gets pushed back with more force when the top is exposed to full input pressure. That gives you the reactivity.

I hope that makes sense..... it's easier to visualise if you look at:

http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/MicromagRT/MicroRT.html

About half way down.

Corin.

Mr. Hick
03-09-2003, 06:07 PM
Maybe you could help me.. .I understand how it works now.

But My rt with NOT RT... It has problems recocking, I believe that its the level 10 spring, and its not hard enough, but What else could be causing the problem... I mean, this thing does not go reactive.

thanks.

MicroB
03-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Whats tour input pressure and did you turn up the velocity to counter act the LX? Are you using a reg besides the tank?

Thx,B

athomas
03-10-2003, 09:31 AM
If the LX bolt is not recocking, then the problem is probably that the power tube o-ring carrier is too tight. Drop one carrier size and try it. Use plenty of lubricant.