PDA

View Full Version : Maxflo, Conquest, Dynaflow or Apacolypse

paint magnet
03-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Well, I need help deciding on a tank for my Angel which I will buy as soon as I can afford it. I'm going to get a Flatline for my mag, but since they work best in the 600 + psi range I need something designed primarily for lower pressures. I'm mainly concerned with consistancy, reliablility/ease of maintenance, size, weight among other things. What do you reccomend? Also I will be replacing the minireg (most likely) with a reg made by the manufacturer of the tank, unless there's no reason to.

AcemanPB
03-09-2003, 04:24 PM
Max-flow, from my experiences they are the better tanks

JEDI
03-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Mac Dev Conquest tanks are very consistent for lower than 600psi guns. They're a very tough design, and have a built in filter. The break down and rebuild is very simple, and the gauges are fairly accurate for their size. The pressure adjust knob is easy to turn, and has tourney lock set screws. The on off is a little tougher than the Flatline (which has THE easiest on off)but its just a flick, and you're all set. The size of the reg, is one of the best. Its second only again to a Flatline.

jwren00
03-09-2003, 08:37 PM
get a max flo and you can gut the mini reg and use the max flo as the velocity adjuster, incredibly consistent too. do NOT do this with the conquest though, its only a single reg and the output pressure climbs as the tank gets lower on air, which would give you some very hot shots at the end of the game.

Kevmaster
03-09-2003, 09:10 PM
i strongly, STRONGLY recommend the Dynaflow. I have one and love it. the on-off on it is better than any others ive seen. i give it an A++ overall

mykroft
03-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Max-Flo and gut the minireg. My setup does +/-1fps over the chrony on a bad day.

The Dynaflow's are nice, but they creep, so you can't run a gutted minireg.

paint magnet
03-10-2003, 05:40 PM
Between the Maxflo and Apacolypse, the Maxflo seems to be winning because of the dual reg issue. Anyway, if I get a dual reg tank like the Maxflo, will I benefit more from adding a gas thru/gutting the minireg or keeping it, or buying a vertical maxflo? (or Messiah if I get the Apoc)

And from what I've heard the Conquest is great but is it worth spending the extra $$ over the Centerflag Dynaflow? I realize I need to have a secondary reg with each one , but will the output pressure of the tank changing with less air in the tank, will that effect consistancy? And should I keep the minireg or get a reg made by the same manufacturer as the tank that I buy?

Also, what would you suggest for the output pressure of the tank into the reg if I get a single reg tank? Thanks for all the help.

Kevmaster
03-10-2003, 05:53 PM
im still for the dynaflow. i love mine. you cant top the on-off that it has. degasses the line in that cool LOUD "crack". scares all people within 10' :D

but really, its got great flow, i can rail 15-16cps on my emag (i could mind you--and will in a week) and experience no dropoff whatsoever. i personally dont trust a single reg to go into my gun. id keep the stock angel reg on there. yes, its a stock reg, but yes, its a good reg

GT
03-10-2003, 09:32 PM
this is my second conquest.

Got one on the angel and one on the mag:D :D

Only prob is that I have to sell the one on the mag sice I will be going retro.

jb

PzYcO
03-10-2003, 09:35 PM
:/ i guess im the odd ball...i think apoc tanks own

magsRus
03-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Dynaflow or Conquest

mykroft
03-10-2003, 09:54 PM
Just gut the Minireg if you go 'Flo.

clemens88@attbi.com
06-15-2003, 01:58 PM
get a dynaflow

dcmander
06-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by magsRus
Dynaflow or Conquest

Agreed. I have a dynaflow on my ReTro micromag and I had a conquest on my sonic bushy and it was awesome.

Both great performers.