PDA

View Full Version : shiny camoflauge

TippmannMan
03-09-2003, 06:41 PM
im ready in the likely event of a severe debunking but silver/chrome/nickel coatings seem to blend in with the environment pretty well. similar to the concept of cloaking technology (even better maybe) it takes what it sees and mirrors that image back to the viewer. the only time it might not work that well would be when it is exposed in direct light but at this time no color would go unexposed. so my question is has this not been effective? i rarely see people using all silver/chrome/nickel markers for the sake of concealment rather its more used for looks.

speedyejl
03-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Here is my camies, I think they blend in well with the enviorment.

http://www.elairsmiths.com/public/nastyyellowset.jpg

oldsoldier
03-09-2003, 07:25 PM
Uh, doesnt work. Army tried it...hell you can detect the glint off someone's watch from pretty far away.

speedyejl
03-09-2003, 07:59 PM
In all seriousness if you were wearing a suit that was shiney all over you might have a better chance. It would be easy to see you but sorta hard to hit.

Darkstorm
03-09-2003, 10:11 PM
I will tell you that "camo" is not as big a help as your attitude. I am 6'8 and wear the LOUDEST outfits you can imagine. But I normally see the other players long before they see me.

TippmannMan
03-09-2003, 10:36 PM
im pretty loud on the field too with my bright red themed attire. and anyhoo this post was more of a toss up than something to really think about :p

nuclear zombie
03-10-2003, 12:38 AM
I used to own a nickel micromag , I understand what you are saying . It would almost work if you were in an enviroment of entirely ambient light , but in reality that is nearly impossible to acheive while playing paintball. Also you couldn't really move to make it effective.

Nomad
03-10-2003, 03:38 AM
You know what would really be tight?

A 68 Classic with a CADPAT full body kit and Intelliframe and DYE barrel that been anodized to match. Not to mention CADPAT tank and hopper covers.

Then all you'd need is a CADPAT BDU (replica hopefully if you're not Canadian Forces) and then you'd damned near invisible in woodlands.

I wonder if someone could photoshop a mag with a CADPAT finish... (hint hint) ;)