PDA

View Full Version : AGD: Dew design for a marker I thought up

painball
03-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Here it is. I was just thinking how to get a boltless gun and also simple and lightweight.

A warp feed feeds the balls into the breech and another paddle catches the balls and feeds the balls up to the air holes. The paddles turn once per trigger pull by some electronic device over the trigger frame(which also opens the valve). There are 2 orings to hold a ball in front of the air holes and to stop any other balls from getting in front of them. The electronics are activated on a trigger pull and open the valve (3-port?) which sents air through the holes and shoots the balls out.

I know this might sound dumb or you may just not understand it dues to my bad explanation. Ask me anything or tell me anything to make the design better.

The main questions I have to any experienced airsmiths: Will this work? Will this shoot fast(25+ bps??)?

Hopefully the "Whopper" would be able to work with this design if it was carried out.

BTW I am only 14 so I couldn't carry this out. Anyone is welcome to use my crazy idea if you want to. ;)

painball
03-09-2003, 09:24 PM
forgot pic. oops

Xerces
03-09-2003, 09:48 PM
with shooting the balls, are you trying to get them out of the gun? or into the chamber?

ß.C.
03-09-2003, 10:09 PM
when you say "boltless" do you mean the fan would have to blow them out or something? You should edit your first post so people don't have to keep on reading down to get all the information.

Mossman
03-09-2003, 10:38 PM
Whipe the idea clean from your mind, it's a bad idea :)

Basically, there's no way to have 5 balls in the breech area, and to only shoot one, without some kind of device that totally blocks the air from going backwards in the stack. Bolts are good :)

Check out the alien marker over at pbn in the custom guns section. It's thought out about 25 times better than yours, and theyre actually making it :)

painball
03-09-2003, 10:55 PM
ahhh shuddup :D
BTW its not a fan

I only thought it thru for a short while. Baybe I could scratch the idea of many balls in the breech and make it one for an ultra small gun (and to fix the blow-back issues)

Oh and BTW the area between the 2 orings would serve as a bolt by holding the ball in place and propelling the ball out w/ air. This was just an idea. an idea...