PDA

View Full Version : how to change psi output on nitro tanks?

karatekid8989
03-09-2003, 10:18 PM
hey how do change the psi output on nitrogen tanks? or how do you just find out what psi output you have?

Prezents
03-09-2003, 10:31 PM
First you have to tell if you have a tank that is adjustible, most adjustible tanks have 2 gauges, tanks that are pre-set only have one 1 gauge.

Out put pressure, depends on what marker you are using.

To change the out put pressure most of the time it is with an allen wrench, depending on the tank. (if it is an adjustible tank)

askman
03-09-2003, 10:45 PM
on a fixed tank, you will need to buy another reg assembly. (or buy another tank) on adjustable one, it is matter of screwing in/out. You can add additional inline reg to the fixed tank, but everytime you add a reg, you reduce flow.

Mr.Minus
03-10-2003, 10:29 PM
i got an adjustble tank, a AA Raptor, it only has one valve thing...so how do i know output, i know it can go from 0-1000 or something like that...

cphilip
03-10-2003, 10:54 PM
You need a second inline guage to tell.

Mr.Minus
03-11-2003, 03:47 PM
where could i get one of those??? and how much does it cost?
can the people where i fill it tell how much is output?

karatekid8989
03-11-2003, 03:51 PM
okay so i need an inline reg. but i was always curious where do they mount?or hang?or whatever?

Dayspring
03-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Depends on what you're putting it on. Cuz if you own an Automag in any flavor, 3 regs will starve the gun and cause shootdown issues. The Valve/Reg combo is one reg and the tank's reg is the second. Therefore, adding another reg will cause problems.

What kind of tank DO you have? We may have the info you're looking for.

Just remember, you can regulate DOWN, not UP.

Originally posted by karatekid8989
okay so i need an inline reg. but i was always curious where do they mount?or hang?or whatever?

karatekid8989
03-11-2003, 06:15 PM
I've also heard from some trusted friends that have inline regs. that it doesn't cause a problem at all. anyway I have a crossfire 68/3000 and a 32 degrees 68/3000. and once again i ask how do you mount an inline reg. ?:confused: :

askman
03-11-2003, 06:29 PM
typically Inline reg goes into the vertical asa. both in cockers and mags. Only inline reg that I've seen on mag is palmer stabilizer.(mostly to keep CO2 liquid out, when running it) I've also seen regs mounted on bottom asa. Palmer again makes stabilizer both male and female.

If you are running cocker, adding a reg is ok. On mags, flow can become an issue. I am not sure why you want to run adjustable, but if you can tell how your want to use it, we can give better advice..

speedyejl
03-11-2003, 07:03 PM
If you own a Mag you have three options for placement of a reg.

1. Vertical adapter, goes infront of foregrip
2. Sideline, P-P makes a Stablizer that screws into the AIR valve
3. Bottom ASA, you can buy a Stablizer with a Female ASA and mount it on your grip like a normal drop or duckbill.

Since you have nitro though, don't buy another reg for your mag.

Nobody077
03-11-2003, 08:04 PM
What type of gun are you using the tanks on? If it is a Mag then the tanks you have will work fine as is, I would suggest not adding a regulator. The reason for this is a Mag valve works best with a input of around 700-850psi, and your tanks are probaly the high pressure models so they are regulated at around 800-850psi. For a inline regulator to work properaly you need atleast 200psi between the input and set out-put pressures, so a maximun of 600-625psi output from the regulator. A Automag will run at 600psi but not very good. So please tell us what type of gun your planeing to use this on and we can help a little better with mounting ideas. Allso Welcome to the board

karatekid8989
03-11-2003, 11:42 PM
well ill be using it on an old school automag RT but the reason that I posted this thread is i wanted to know how to maybe get more psi out of my tank than I already am. and since my tanks aren't adjustable and they should be running at the optimum psi anyway, it seems that i'm in good shape. thanx for all yall's help and happy hunting