PDA

View Full Version : How to make a mag deadly quiet?

pisspuddle15
03-11-2003, 01:16 PM
I was wondering what barrels or bolts will make a mag very very very quiet?
I mean barely hear them quiet? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

PzYcO
03-11-2003, 01:17 PM
get a barrel with lots of porting, and ummm thats about all you can do to make a mag quiet i beileve...

Dayspring
03-11-2003, 01:18 PM
Question is- what do you want this for?

Sniper? :rolleyes:

Timmee
03-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Did they ever make a BOA Concealer for a 'Mag?

Krazy Ivan
03-11-2003, 02:08 PM
They did.. I owned one... It was cool looking, but still loud, get a boomstick, quietest barrel I've used so far. Much quiter than the concealer. The concealer doesn't have much porting compared to a boomstick.

xen_100
03-11-2003, 02:14 PM
if you have access to a machine shop......make a sound suppressor. a friend of mine works as a machinist and made one. his mag is so quiet you can barely hear it 20 feet away. I have been hit by him and didn't even realise he was shooting at me.

oh ya...he put it on a stock crown point too :eek:

Dayspring
03-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Last I heard, sound supressors were illegal. I may wrong, but I think that's the rule. Doesn't matter if it's a paintball gun or real firearm.

But yes, a gun with heavy porting on the barrel will make it quiet. But then your air efficiency goes out the window.

Originally posted by xen_100
if you have access to a machine shop......make a sound suppressor. a friend of mine works as a machinist and made one. his mag is so quiet you can barely hear it 20 feet away. I have been hit by him and didn't even realise he was shooting at me.

oh ya...he put it on a stock crown point too :eek:

xen_100
03-11-2003, 02:37 PM
nah.....we contacted the ATF and asked them. as long as it cannot be altered to suppress sound on a real fire arm.......they dont care.

shade23
03-11-2003, 04:58 PM
I found a noticable noise drop when I upgraded to my level ten. then I got a freak barrel (before I was running a dye stainless) and it was even quieter which was prolly do to the porting and the fact that I changed over to aluminum.

Xerces
03-11-2003, 07:18 PM
i got a concealor. it seemed quieter than my boomer. maybe its just my expectations of it make it seem quieter. it still looks pretty cool i think =)

vdo_game_junkie
03-11-2003, 08:12 PM
I found more info on paintball silencers on this site:

http://www.f4og.com/silencer.html

Its all about how you interpret the law.

mag-hatter
03-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Krazy Ivan
They did.. I owned one... It was cool looking, but still loud, get a boomstick, quietest barrel I've used so far. Much quiter than the concealer. The concealer doesn't have much porting compared to a boomstick.

true that.

what i dont get is why they call it a boom stick if its so quiet?!?! LOL

athomas
03-11-2003, 10:48 PM
If you use a ported barrel that uses a long enough unported section to efficiently get the ball up to speed and then enough porting (not too much though, the air has to disperse gradually) past that point to disperse any excess air, then you will have a quiet barrel.

Cha0tic
03-11-2003, 10:52 PM
you should probably take a look at dye and smart parts barrels. they have a ton of porting. i'd get it in a 14". thats long enough to make it quiet, while keeping it at a reasonable length.

i had a 14" dye aluminum on my mag. it was pretty quiet, and it shot nice. (medium bore paint)

askman
03-11-2003, 11:28 PM
I've been thinking about his. I think you can make a legal suppressor by using barrel with lot of porting, and wrap sponge type foam rubber (needs to be fairly soft and porous) on the barrel. Kinda like the foam rubber grip for bicycle handlebar or pipe insulation.

You can claim that it is barrel protection. I should test it out and see what kind of benefit if any. You don't have to worry about legality as it cannot be retrofitted to a real gun. should be cheap to test.