PDA

View Full Version : C&C X-Mag backlong time?

Nitroduck
03-11-2003, 03:12 PM
A friend of mine called AGD up in November to preorder a Xmag....They have yet to call him about color options and the like for his Xmag, what in the world is the wait time on the Xmags !?!? He's called em up a few times, and he really wants the Xmag, but its been nearly 6 months since he called to place an order for one, and he's gettin really ticked off.....How long have you other people been waiting? He's almost ready to call em up and cancel his order for one and go with an Angel.

LaW
03-11-2003, 03:42 PM
the wait time is months still :) long wait time for these babies....

ben_JD
03-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Keep in mind that those pictured in this forum are only the second real batch to be created (except for IAO last year). I am guessing that you can get about 50 or so a month through AGD over the course of the next quarter. There are rumors about increased production capacity, but until AGD can get a steady supply of bodies from the UK, I do not see how that can happen.

cphilip
03-11-2003, 03:50 PM
November? Ha!

How about August and mines now in this coming batch!

That give you any idea?

FalconGuy016
03-11-2003, 03:54 PM
Although it was probably just a mistake, some guy waited over 2 years :) (or even longer, I cant remembeR)

wyn1370
03-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Although it was probably just a mistake, some guy waited over 2 years :) (or even longer, I cant remembeR)
they weren't even available for preorder until after IAO last year.

Kevmaster
03-11-2003, 05:36 PM
yep. Im told that my XMag is towards hte end of the current batch. i preorderd with AGD on Aug 23rd. So your pal has got some time to go

Bubonic Plauge
03-11-2003, 06:44 PM
I was told summer when I ordered in January. Maybe production is increading? I hope I will not have to wait a year for a marker. Prolly get a shocker 2003 for half the price, though I want the XMag, a year is way long.

Why did you say that they have to get the bodies from the UK>?

ben_JD
03-11-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Bubonic Plauge
Why did you say that they have to get the bodies from the UK?Because that is where they get them.

Nitroduck
03-11-2003, 10:47 PM
I'd get xmag over shocker.....the new shockers are gonna be $900 :(

Bubonic Plauge
03-12-2003, 01:23 AM
Are Emags available? And what about the SFL emag? They back ordered or even around?

Dayspring
03-12-2003, 01:54 AM
Emags are available all over the place.

SFL Emags are no longer made by Shocktech. There are about 50 or so in circulation. Have to find them on the used market. (Good luck ;))

oldsoldier
03-12-2003, 01:56 AM
Hm...dont know whats wrong with you guys...my wait was about a week ;)

Blitzdiesel
03-12-2003, 02:12 AM
I, too, ordered an X-Mag in January and I do not mind the wait as I know the gun will be nothing short of amazing. However, I am requesting some 'official' clarification from members of the AGD staff in regards to the production schedule and an anticipated delivery date. Are there any definites?

If no, why not? I know the demand is high now, but if a company as powerful as AGD has countless orders to fill, would they not take all the necessary measures to cash in on the demand. I know this is simple economics, which I am clear your company understands, but I am a bit surprised to hear about some of these wait times and their corresponding lack of feedback to the consumer.

Is there any 'official' news or information that a member of the AGD staff can enlighten me on. Again, I am not questioning your business practices, but I am an anxious consumer who needs to hear some facts from a reliable source. Knowledge is power, and with feedback and updates I do not mind waiting at all.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Greg

AGD
03-12-2003, 02:45 AM
As I have stated many times before, the Xmag has an almost impossible list of processes that it must go through to get made. The C&C sculpting of the body is the worst since it takes 2600 passes on the mill to complete one body. Output is about 6 bodies a day not including modules. They are hand poslished and hand anodized. This is not some Taiwan extruded lookalike, its more like 50 year old whisky that you don't want to let age.

Our production schedule is currently limited to 75 per month for the foreseable future. While it seems that demand is so high that we could instantly sell thousands of them I know from being in this business for 14 years that new product demand fades as quick as yesterdays news. I predict that after the next two batches they will be much more available.

I am going to assure you that these guns will NEVER be sitting around on your dealers shelf waiting for you to save up the money. They are much too expensive for us to inventory so demand will always exceed supply. If you can't wait PLEASE go buy something else. This gun is for people who appreciate owning something that was painstakingly made by a manufacturer that takes the time to talk you and has to be accountable for what they produce. This marker represents my company and most importantly me personally and I am not going to cheapen it up just to bang them out the door.

Thanks for your patience,

AGD

BlackVCG
03-12-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by AGD
This marker represents my company and most importantly me personally and I am not going to cheapen it up just to bang them out the door.

Thank you.

Creative Mayhem
03-12-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by AGD
This is not some Taiwan extruded lookalike, its more like 50 year old whisky that you don't want to let age.

So Tom, what you saying is that you giving a bottle away with every Xmag? MMMM whisky... err I mean xmag... :D

Orignally posted by AGD This marker represents my company and most importantly me personally and I am not going to cheapen it up just to bang them out the door.

AGD

Here, here! Tom you da man! I haven't got a problem waiting, I just don't like it :( Mine was ordered in Sept. and when I get it... it WILL be worth the wait!

CM

luke
03-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by AGD
This marker represents my company and most importantly me personally and I am not going to cheapen it up just to bang them out the door.

Say it loud, and say it proud! :D

nuclear zombie
03-12-2003, 07:46 AM
Very well put TK , I wouldn't have it any other way . I personally don't mind waiting for a very good product . This is the Lamborgini of paintball markers . Remember , this also prevents flooding of the market . That means your gun will retain it's value better , making it a better investment in the long run .

fire1811
03-12-2003, 08:27 AM
waiting aint all that bad just use your OTHER mag :D

magsRus
03-12-2003, 09:37 AM
Get an IR3 its going to be just as good as the X-mag

pbguy888
03-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by magsRus
Yes that is your opion(sp?) But I am sure alot of people dont think that. I know when I get the money I am not just gonna get "another angel" , Im gonna get the best! The Xmag! Long live TK!!! *croud burst out in apluase*

fire1811
03-12-2003, 10:20 AM
originally posted by pbguy888
Yes that is your opion(sp?) But I am sure alot of people dont think that. I know when I get the money I am not just gonna get "another angel" , Im gonna get the best! The Xmag! Long live TK!!! *croud burst out in apluase*

word!! :D

LaW
03-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Emags are available all over the place.

SFL Emags are no longer made by Shocktech. There are about 50 or so in circulation. Have to find them on the used market. (Good luck ;))

more like 35 or so :)

Dayspring
03-12-2003, 10:26 AM
You are SO on my Christmas card list this year!!!

Damn proud to be AO!!!

Originally posted by AGD
As I have stated many times before, the Xmag has an almost impossible list of processes that it must go through to get made. The C&C sculpting of the body is the worst since it takes 2600 passes on the mill to complete one body. Output is about 6 bodies a day not including modules. They are hand poslished and hand anodized. This is not some Taiwan extruded lookalike, its more like 50 year old whisky that you don't want to let age.

Our production schedule is currently limited to 75 per month for the foreseable future. While it seems that demand is so high that we could instantly sell thousands of them I know from being in this business for 14 years that new product demand fades as quick as yesterdays news. I predict that after the next two batches they will be much more available.

I am going to assure you that these guns will NEVER be sitting around on your dealers shelf waiting for you to save up the money. They are much too expensive for us to inventory so demand will always exceed supply. If you can't wait PLEASE go buy something else. This gun is for people who appreciate owning something that was painstakingly made by a manufacturer that takes the time to talk you and has to be accountable for what they produce. This marker represents my company and most importantly me personally and I am not going to cheapen it up just to bang them out the door.

AGD

Nitroduck
03-12-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by magsRus

My friend thinks the same way , thus why he prolly will go ir3 over a xmag because of the wait time.

LaW
03-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Nitroduck

My friend thinks the same way , thus why he prolly will go ir3 over a xmag because of the wait time.

good!!

pbguy888
03-12-2003, 12:27 PM
more for us that way :D :p :D

Kevmaster
03-12-2003, 01:03 PM
yep. And thats unfortunate. If im 14 and dont know a damn about qulaity, and i walk into a PB store and ask whats the best marker tey got and they tell me, well, this EBlade 'Cocker, this IR3 and an Xmag we can have in two months for you, sadly, im not going to pick the XMag if I have to wait two months

sad but true, because in the long run, id be happier with the Xmag

Bubonic Plauge
03-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Kevmaster, is it a two month wait though? Some of these guys have waited almost a year =)

Dayspring
03-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Have we ever heard of a little word called "example"? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bubonic Plauge
Kevmaster, is it a two month wait though? Some of these guys have waited almost a year =)

Jonesie
03-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Please note: This post is in no way a serious request for emplyment, unless taken so by AGD. It is for fun only, I repeat, FUN ONLY. Please refrain from flaming! :D

[Begin Shameless Plug]
You know Tom, I work for a school system down here in Georgia, meaning I have the months of June and July OFF WITH PAY! If you'd be willing, I'd come up there and work the summer assembling X-Mags. In exchange for my services, I request NO MONEY, only an X-Mag for my troubles as I am already being paid my monthly salary.
[End Shameless Plug]

How cool would that be? If I could find a Chicago AO'er to put me up for two months I would soooo do it! It would be a heck of an experience... Whatever, it's only a pipe dream. :)

Later ~ Jonesie

fire1811
03-12-2003, 02:37 PM
you could stay in my shed ;)

sneakyhacker420
03-12-2003, 08:01 PM
i'm waiting until all the pre-orders are done and once i have the money, i'm gonna order my dream matte green CnC x-mag to go along with my nasty impulse :p

Blitzdiesel
03-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by AGD

This gun is for people who appreciate owning something that was painstakingly made by a manufacturer that takes the time to talk you and has to be accountable for what they produce. This marker represents my company and most importantly me personally and I am not going to cheapen it up just to bang them out the door.

AGD

And I thank you for your response. I appreciate you, as the owner, for taking the time to address my concerns. This is why I value you and your company above and beyond the quality products that you have created. I do plan on waiting for the X-mag as I know you do stand behind your product. But, it is your commitment to the integrity of your name and product that is most powerful in my decision.

Thank you again for your communication, and rest assured that I will not remove you again from the important work you do...like getting my X-mag ready. 8)

Greg

Kevmaster
03-12-2003, 10:43 PM
yeh, that was an example. MY XMag is shipping this week