PDA

View Full Version : Classic valve problem

Cryer
03-11-2003, 09:33 PM
I have a classic valve w/ level 10 (cut spring, 2 shims, I forget which carrier- I think the middle- velocity @ 280fps)
Anyways... Every once in a while... the valve won't fire
(Almost like when you shut of the air source and fire a couple of times and there's not enough pressure...) should I drop down to the next shorter spring, or go to up to the longest (stock) spring and up the velocity to compensate?
Or maybe its the carrier...?

On a side note...Some guy at my field told me that "All mags do that all the time. That's why cockers are better..."

But anyways, what should I do...?

GhillieGuy
03-11-2003, 09:59 PM
You can start by telling him he's wrong :D And i think you need to put in the smaller spring... I could be wrong

NJsyndicate
03-11-2003, 10:11 PM
First off tell that guys hes an idiot. Secondly, try upping your velocity to see if that solves the problem (what's it shooting when its failing to fire). If your valve starts to vent before you get to your desired velocity go with the shorter spring. I've had this problem my self with the middle spring, reg pistion just won't allow enough pressure (with my curent set up, 2 shims and not 100% the exact carrier at the moment) for my micro to fire reliablly and not vent (it was a real narrow range). The shorter spring should sovle this but it will sacrifice some of the LX's anti-chop protection at higher velocities (over 280 fps).

Cryer
03-11-2003, 11:30 PM
My velocity is right at 280fps...
This only happens once in a while... During the last 2 times I've played, its happened maybe once.
So, go to the smaller spring, and lower the velocity to compensate...?

Schnitzel
03-12-2003, 12:27 PM
i hafd the same problem, but it was happening about 3-4 times a day. all i had to do was go to the next larger carrier. all fixed!

Cryer
03-12-2003, 12:29 PM
cool... Thanks guys!

toymyster
03-12-2003, 03:24 PM
How long has it been since you oiled your valve?? A bit of oil might just be what you need to get everything back in proper working order!!! Hope this helps!!!

Cryer
03-12-2003, 11:54 PM
yeah, I oil the valve before & after each game... It's not that... I'll get it fixed at the AO-TX meet this weekend...:D