PDA

View Full Version : Does an Adren. Impy have FSDO

Micromag man!
03-11-2003, 09:45 PM
does an Adrenaline Impulse have first shot drop off?? I heard the adrens. dont.....

Thanks
-Adam

a_malfunction
03-11-2003, 11:37 PM
The one I saw in Houston did.... dunno why anyone would want to deal with that.

TNS2k2
03-12-2003, 01:56 AM
they probably didnt have it set up right. I have shot many that havnt, and even my first imp didnt, before everyone complained about FSDO. it is all in the way you take care of it. and oiling the ram the right way is a big help too.

paintslinger
03-12-2003, 02:16 AM
its possible but fsdo isn't a big problem. so u have to shoot 2 shots to get'er warmed up whoopi. its not like ur gonna let ur gun sit for 20mins in a game. once the new WAS board is out we wont have to worry about fsdo anymore hurray!

redrider87
03-12-2003, 02:52 AM
The AI Impy does have FSDO but its not so severe then most impies with out some type of LPR. The AI comes witha GV valve installed were the tape worm used to go. It works more like a check valve.
The AI Impy is the best stock (custom) Impulse you can buy!
I work with an adrenaline rep and could tell you eveything about them.
Hope this helps.

-=Squid=-
03-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by a_malfunction
The one I saw in Houston did.... dunno why anyone would want to deal with that.

Because its only one shot. Who cares?

Micromag man!
03-12-2003, 10:56 AM
thanks for all the info but im selling my mag and bushy to buy one. its gonna be sweet, i just want some info

is it the best custom impy?
does the trigger feel good
is there a better impy frame out, and if so what one
is the WAS board going to eliminate FSDO?
is this gun complex, hard to maintain, hard to tune etc
how do u tine the velocity

thanks..... I CANT WAIT!!!

warpfeedmod
03-12-2003, 11:14 AM
not that it matters but two of my buds both have imps and neither of them have FSDO. If you tweak the dwell and settings right you'll be fine. I actually played a game with my buds nasty and have a newfound respect for them. If I already didn't have 3 markers I'd probably pick one of htem up :p

CobraC
03-12-2003, 11:32 AM
FSDO is usually caused by the hammer shaft. This is fixed easy by buying a New Designz slick shot, best improvement you can do to a pulse for about $25. Now, not to flame, but that WAS board can't cure FSDO. Low voltage to the selnoid doesnt cause it to have FSDO, its the drag of the stock shaft. So I have been told. We'll wait and see if the WAS board will acctually do anything better for a pulse besides different modes. The AI frames are different then the stock Pulse frames, they are about 1/2" shorter and moved forward a bit for balance, I have heard great things. I also think they come stock with a magnetic trigger, which some people like, and some don't. It is a very sweet gun though. Here's a quote "That gun has MILLING on its MILLING!" ;) Hope you enjoy your AI.

FutureMagOwner
03-12-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

Because its only one shot. Who cares?

well if it doesnt even go out the barrel then you break a ball afterwards from shooting it its obviously not good

-=Squid=-
03-12-2003, 05:04 PM
If you were going with a custom imp...I would say get a NICE rat....they are IMO the best of the best, and dont cost a lot. When you buy drenny, you get flashy garbage. All the drenny stuff really doesnt compare in performance. Plus, rat comes with a freak.

-=Squid=-
03-12-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner

well if it doesnt even go out the barrel then you break a ball afterwards from shooting it its obviously not good

ok, I own an imp and it never breaks. It gently shoots 2 shots, I have in fact never chopped ONE time in any situation with my imp. I got a halo b, no vision.

TNS2k2
03-13-2003, 04:34 PM
The rat is nice, but i say if you have the money go for the Adrenalin Imp. I cant wait till mine comes. and yes people say that FSDO is from the ram shaft, and that the slick shot will fix it, but oiling the stock one right will fix it too. I actually havnt seen an AI with FSDO, because the way that they are designed. And from talking with Wolverine, the Impulse mod over at PBnation, and person of Impulse FAQ (http://www.kamworld.net/paintball/ImpulseFAQ.html) who owns an AI, i wouldnt get the Vert Max-flow for it, if you were thinking about it.

paintslinger
03-13-2003, 08:58 PM
ouch y not get a vert maxi?

mykroft
03-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Having run across many impy's, I recommend the Strange at the high-end and the Rat for everything else.

Never liked Drenny's much.

CpSuPeRkId
03-13-2003, 10:58 PM
strange, RAT, nasty, eclipse, toxic, stock, etc are all the same guns with different milling and upgrades. the adrenalin impulse is the only true custom impulse out there right now. it has a frame that is completely unique and its soo comfy compared to the stock frame. balances the gun really well too. as for FSDO, all impys can have them. my brothers stock cricket impy cannot be cured!!!! i have cleand and relubed the solenoid with a LIGHT coat of dow33. i have cleaned and relubed the whole hammer/ram assembly. FSDO is the biggest pain in the butt. when u go to chrono it just annoys you soo bad. you can never tell what its really chronoing at. my brother is now ditching his lpr, getting a slick shot and a rat hole hammer. hes getting the WAS board too. this is what really cures FSDO. on cricket boards, the dwell actually adjusts the voltage that the solenoid uses. thats why with lower dwell it gets more FSDO. the new WAS boards have adjustable voltage output as i understand it, which completely eliminates it.with this combo FSDO will disappear. after owning several impulses i could not take all the little annoying problems they had. from the max flo acting ghetto to FSDO. and yes i could maintain them. they are just stubborn guns. i actually ordered my AI but then thought about it and knew i didnt want another impy. i bought an IR3 for its amazing reliability and it will not let me down. there is no first shot drop off or anything like that. so if u are looking for an impy, be prepared to run into a few problems.